Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Pimpest AK in Iraq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

There is one Olympic pistol AR that's built so that it needs no buffer tube, so it's not unheard of.

That said, that thing still a horribe abomination.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Looks like they chopped the bolt carrier down and stuffed the recoil spring inside of the upper receiver.

http://www.quarterbore.com/ar15m16/oa93.htm

Another filthy creature with no real reason to exist.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Boat posted:

I'm rather happy with the Boat a namechange thread gave me, but if I were to switch to that I'd have to buy Tactical Taco as a new username.

e: GIS'd tacticlol to see if I could find some more thread fodder. The second page of the search amused me:

We got nukes, knives, sharp sticks. . .

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Gooch181 posted:

Assembled during a slow morning in the arms room:

IIRC, according to AR 190-11, you aren't supposed to take pictures inside of an arms room.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Don't worry about it, I'm just busting your balls.

However, there is one thing that I can see your arms room lacks that my former arms room certainly didn't.

Pictures of girls with guns. For morale purposes, of course.

Here's something to get you started: http://tacgirls.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

And the TFR politically correct crowd has a meltdown in three. . two. .

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

WimpBastard posted:

Women and guns isn't a big thing for me because I can jerk off to pictures of guns just fine without some chick flashing her tits and blocking my view.

Hahahahah, this is awesome, best response yet.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I normally hate the look of AR15 stuff on an AK, but goddamn that AK gives me an erection.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Holy christ it's like a Mosin hosed a plumbing system in a drunken grope-fest, and the plumbing system had a tearful abortion afterwards.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Pneub posted:

That's just loving pathetic.
Me and my friend "re-enacted" the Ocelot fight from MGS1 with toy dart guns in the freezer room of the grocery store he worked at.

I was never once able to get up in any of the hatches on a Stryker or any other vehicle without thinking "See how you like this!" like the dude in the M1 Abrams fight. Not once. Every single time, that came through my mind, no matter how exhausted/etc I was.

There must be tons of other little items like that, but I can't think of them right now.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Oh wow: http://www.ddupleks.lv/EN/ddupleks_products/show/Hexolit32

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The Automator posted:

Greatest AK ever right there.

I don't see what's wrong with that AR.

From my perspective, the bipod is on backwards. With it like that, you can't lean into the gun when you're in the prone as well as you could if the legs folded forwards rather than backwards.

Also STAT1C_X: just wait until I get the AR stock adapter I've been waiting on. I have plans for an AK of mine that you will find pleasing.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Unskilled Labour posted:

Edit: Is it wrong to say that I like the interrogation pouch?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

How in the hell does he do quick mag changes with that front MBUS folded down over the mag?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Young Freud posted:

I believe this is the M26's primary function, although I do think they're developing LTL shells for it so you have a LTL and a lethal option (i.e. the rifle it's attached to) available for crowd control.

Edit: I would admit, it would be nice if someone could rig up some gas-operation version, so you could operate it while maintaining a grip on the rifle. Also, the Metal Storm MAUL might be a better alternative in some ways.

The guys in GiP were getting all stupid about that thing here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3353709

I think it's retarded.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

iyaayas01 posted:

I laughed pretty hard when someone in that thread (you, maybe?) said "You can tell who here is infantry and who isn't."

It was someone else that said it but yeah, you could really tell the grunts from the non-grunts there.

I know I'd be pissed if I had to drag around a shotgun under my M4 every day on patrol.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah, it'd have to have MOLLE loops sewn all over it in addition to all that to be truly tacticlol.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I've generally gone with reaching under with the following method:

1. Gun clicks empty.
2. Raise gun up about 45 degrees, still in your workspace.
3. Turn gun clockwise about 45 degrees, so that you're basically looking at the left side and top of the receiver. This allows you to see the mag catch and magazine well better.
4. Sweep out the empty mag, lock in full mag.
5. Since the weapon is already up and rotated, it is very easy from this position to reach under and run the charging handle. I don't even try to grasp it, just hit it and push backwards with the meat of my palm behind the thumb.
6. Gun comes back down into your left hand, aim, fire some more.

Easier to demonstrate in person than to explain. Hopefully this makes some sense.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I have no idea what to say to that.

Oh wait.

CHAUCHAUT 2

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

He's got the Innsmouth look.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Plenty of the Marsoc/SF guys whose bases I visited over the last year had those shorty Mk18 uppers.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

TheHistoryChannel posted:

Some company made a really nice one that was cut from a single piece of metal and gave a bunch to active duty soldiers sometime in the early to mid 2000's. It had some nifty features like a bladed beard, which I've seen some cool demos with but is probably useless. Then a few years later it made it into a call of duty game and now no zombie kit is complete without one. I can think of so many more useful things to carry for the weight.

My battalion's nickname was 'Tomahawks.' This resulted in most guys getting issued one when we were on deployment. Some of the really moto officers put them on their IBAs, but they went straight into our A bags for anyone else. This was in 2005.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Put a film of chapstick on your flashlight lens before a day at the range and it makes the carbon easy to wipe off after.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Five years ago. . . probably running a weed whacker for a serf labor job right after having gotten out.

Also ^^^ got your nods right here

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I got mine used, think I used it twice and that's about it. It's still on my helmet because taking it off would be

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

That thing looks straight out of Robocop or Equilibrium.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Wait, what? Did the comp blow out the rails?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I like AFGs on longer handguards as a means of giving me consistent hand placement and something to pull back on.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

If you're doing snap shooting, support really shouldn't be on your priority list. Recoil control and target to target transition should.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

DrakeriderCa posted:

They're also great as an indicator that the owner of a rifle has no idea what they're used for! You can just look at the rifle!

This is true. Last year I saw AFGs all the way to the back of the rail, and people who had AFGs AND VFGs on their weapons.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Pitch posted:

Is this actually intended for displaying your gear or for being some kind of indoor memorial? Granted, that would be thematic enough if you put down some incense and a bowl of MRE stew in front of it.

Those t-stands are a pretty common fixture in TOCs and officer quarters while deployed, just as a place to hang your poo poo.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Yep. As you can see, it's not a complicated design. And it's something that tends to stay in place when units change over.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I used to live in a rental house that had the closet door obscured when you would open the main room door. Had it set up so that the room looked unremarkable and innocuous. Then when you step in and open the closet door, there it all was. And it was glorious.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

My uncle actually did that. His basement has a safe room, which has an actual safe door and all manner of other poo poo. He keeps his fun stuff in there. (Including a FA MAC-11.)

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I can see this happening in some manner of Shawshank Redemption kind of manner. Wife finally finds out when she gets mad and flings a dish at the wall, which goes through a poster.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

But if you roll snake eyes, it blows up in your face.

Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows. . .

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah but that involves interacting with actual Magic card game players. No thanks.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I used to play warhams but then I deployed a bunch and my best friend that I always played warhams with died in a car wreck and I finally got home and poo poo was all 6th edition and poo poo.

edit: now I do IDPA once a month and there's just as many humongulous dudes and sperglords as there were at the local 40k club

The Rat fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 11, 2013

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

At least until the cable gets caught in the ejection port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Probably is. When I had my AK set up in a similar fashion, it was very front heavy. Of course that weight pretty much neutralized any muzzle climb, so it wasn't all bad.