Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.

Behold!

This is a tactic stock set for, of all possible guns, the M1919. TNW makes it and offers this description:

TNW posted:

The skunk works design team of TNW Firearms, Inc. have projected the form and function into a readily adaptable kit that converts any Semi or Full Auto 1919 into a modern mobile squad weapon. The system consists of a lightened .308 barrel with flash hider, innovative front shroud assembly with threaded mounting holes, custom rails, bipod, carry handle, improved front sight, FN style butt stock assembly and FN style pistol grip assembly with safety. The weapon retains the ability to be fired from a tripod or pedestal. The upgrade takes about twenty minutes to install and requires no permanent modifications to your 1919.

Yes, a modern mobile squad weapon. Suuuuuure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

B4Ctom1 posted:

Here are two other near identical and useless guns?

Why would ANYONE want something with this type of portable firepower and ergonomics? Especially a much shorter version?

Nearly identical as in:

Fine, maybe if you have a full-auto 1919 but really wanted an m240 and can't get one, this can be your imaginary kit to pretending you have one. Still looks and is stupid.

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Haha. I saw that in the SG catalog I got today, and was hit with the combo of amusement and horror. What the gently caress, Tapco? We used to be friends!

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Gtab posted:

http://www.urbanadvantage.net/strike_plate.htm

This thread was the most logical place to put this. I can't stop laughing.

Everything there is a bad punchline.

I like how the write-up acts as if rails are some sort of novel feature.

Abrasive surface to incapacitate attackers? (made of balsa wood?)

"Hey, stop it! You skinned my elbow! Ow ow ow, I surrender!"

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Nobody marks parts as US made half the time anyways, how could the ATF ever bust someone on it?

If they're really going after you on other things, they could chop your parts up and do some good old fashioned materials science to identify their origin with reasonable certainty.

Still 922(r) is stupid, and no one ever gets charged with it unless their guns are seized for some other nefarious reason. As a generally "good citizen" you only really need to ensure compliance before you offer the gun up to an FFL for sale, because many of them fear ATF stings and if they detect a violation are likely to go into CYA mode and ship it off to the Technology Branch. Not that I'd ever consider violating 922(r)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Gtab posted:

Eat some excellent British comfort food. It doesn't matter what kind; it all tastes like the same cardboard anyway.

Ugh - cold fried toast. What the gently caress, England? English food is, in general horrible. Remember, these people lived on a wet and cold island and couldn't get fresh food much of the year - this foments a poor culinary tradition.

There are three exceptions:
1) Yorkshire Pudding
2) Fish and Chips
3) Proper Honest to God English Scones - no one does them right in the US.

Also, Marks and Spencer Shrimp Cocktail Chips were awesome, but after M&S closed shop in Canada, I haven't been able to track them down. Do they still sell food in the UK?