Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

TenementFunster posted:

old, old school laser
Pre-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

CheeseDoodle posted:

What am I looking at? That magazine can't possibly work. And if it did, how the hell would it feel to rack that slide with such a lopsided load?
It's a conversion kit for detachable mags. The magazine is locked into place there at the very beginning of the magazine tube, and the pump just serves to strip rounds off the top of the mag and feed them into the shell lifter.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Yeah, I think Knoxx made a kit called the Sidewinder.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

chairface posted:

Especially damning is that the Sidewinder external box mags hold 6 rounds, whereas the tube mag on a 500A holds 7 (well, 6 if you use magnums); That doesn't even make sense from a tacticlol perspective!
It makes sense if you expect to fire more than 7 rounds, as plugging in a new mag is a lot faster than even an expert reloading a tube mag. Of course, if you need more than 7 rounds you're either in an absolutely hosed home defense scenario or you should've brought a semiauto.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Fat Ogre posted:

This was a 10/22....

Click to embiggen
Oh my god yes.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Gtab posted:

poo poo, no.

$1200-1400 then, depending on cost of stock/rails deal.

EDIT: Plus gun. Outstanding.
By my count that stock with options is $390.
http://www.rbprecision.com/id72.htm

Edit: Those pictures were working but now they don't. Anyway, the stock begins at $199. Plus $45 for the scout-length top rail, plus $17 each for both 7" side rails, plus $15 for the 4" lower rail. $95 for the Ace stock. $17 for the Hogue grip.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

John Stercus posted:

Making a 10/22 belt would probably be the hardest part of the whole affair.
Lakeside Machine sells a kit to make an AR-15 a belt-fed .22LR

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Eh. This could've been great, but I'm not impressed. The two guns don't even have similar parts, it's almost impossible to use both triggers with anything like a normal grip...

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

hangedman posted:

If so, isn't one of the basic BATFE definitions of a machinegun that two or more rounds are expended for every one pull of the trigger?
Yes. In fact one of their representatives specifically said a double-barrel is a machine gun if both barrels fire with one trigger pull.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

John Stercus posted:

[citation needed] When, where?
I retract my statement about it being an ATF official. It was Assistant U.S. Attorney Gregory J. Haanstad, in US v Olofson:

quote:

Haanstad claimed the law does not exempt a malfunction. He claims that it states "any weapon that shoots more than once without manual reloading, per function of the trigger is a machinegun". When Len, acting as a defense expert, took the stand, he asked, "Are you saying if I take my great-granddaddy's double barrel shotgun out and pull one trigger, and both barrels go off, it's a machinegun?". Haanstad cited the law (U.S. Code, Section 5845[b]), restating that "any weapon that shoots ... "

Craptacular posted:

Man I'm surprised that it took six pages before someone mentioned that.

The gas tubes! I guess it alternates between the two with every trigger pull?

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

John Stercus posted:

How does this kind of ruling happen?
I will refrain from too much commentary because extremely little credible information is available. Yes, the ATF were such assholes in that case that it shouldn't be legal. However, there's plenty of suggestion that Olofson is not as innocent as Arfcom wants him to be.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Fat Ogre posted:

I think that is an 870 under there.

That UBR stock cost more than my 870 Wingmaster.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Craptacular posted:

FWIW that 870 is owned by one of the Magpul guys.
Well at least that justifies the stock.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

infrared35 posted:

I only got one page of GIS results for tacticlol, and holy poo poo.
Turn SafeSearch off and that happens.

But the first page...

Pitch fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 24, 2008

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Action Jesus posted:

The gaudiness doesn't bother me because hey, race gun. What bothers me is the fact that someone built a race gun with a really nice rear peep sight, and no front sight. And nowhere to mount a front sight, for that matter.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

threeseven posted:

Coachgun fashioned from two M79s you say?

Oh god I've waited so long to post this again.

It's a 1-gauge double

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Octal posted:

I'd hesitate to call this "tacticlol". A gun that ridiculous, with the two optics mounted like that, is probably a pure-competition AR like the airbrushed-grip 1911s we see posted.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Octal posted:

It's time we brought the Thompson to the modern age.

What wont' you people do to a 10/22

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

daskrolator posted:

I think many of us would do that kind of wacky poo poo if we had the money.
Personally I'd do something like:

+

=

I wonder if you could fit a 10/22 and a 12ga flare gun into the airsoft chassis of these.

Edit: Well I guess you couldn't disguise a flare gun as that 870 bolt and it wouldn't be worth a Form 1.

Pitch fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 30, 2008

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Hypothetical: a pistol with a VFG attached is an AOW. A pistol with a stock attached is a short-barrel rifle. If you attach a VFG and then a stock, is it now a $5-transfer AOW?

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Professor Awesome posted:

I don't think AOWs can have stocks. Also AOW stamps are $5, SBS/SBR stamps are $200.
I don't know the exact definitions but I'm pretty sure you can swap a stock onto a pistol-gripped shotgun, which is an AOW, without creating a SBS.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Is that a revolver grip?

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

walrusman posted:

fake edit: and anti-walk pins wtf?
Well, what is that above the selector? It looks too wide to be a real auto sear pin, but if it is at least the anti-walk pins would be justifiable.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

ming-the-mazdaless posted:

This part really gets me.
"which he said was for protection"
The real ironic twist here is that possessing for protection is what makes it illegal, because the intent to use it for defense makes it a weapon.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

infrared35 posted:

Having optics mounted off center works fine if you only need them zeroed at one particular distance. If you shoot at anything other than the zeroed distance, you need to compensate vertically and horizontally.
I thought the practice was just to roll the gun to one side to put the backup on top?

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Well that depends on whether the McDonald's is dinner or breakfast.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Kobax posted:

But not as durable as an aimpoint. Last month an instructors' eotech broke on first impact from a simunition round. The mk18's with aimpoints have taken literally thousands of sim hits to the lenses.
Realistic durability issues aside, I am not concerned with my EOTech surviving a hit in a firefight and in fact would become drastically less concerned immediately afterward.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

LIBERAL FIBERALS posted:

Anybody know what the hell is going on here? Did they just use the assault weapons ban as a configuration guide?

It's a Veritas Tactical MK-IV pepperball gun, essentially built to look like an AR because they realized cops would probably pay more for a paintball gun if it didn't look like a paintball gun. The mag looks real but most of it is actually air tank.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

mad.radhu posted:

That rifle is illegal in California
How so? It has no detachable magazine and thus can't be an assault weapon.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

omgLerkHat! posted:

Click here for the full 682x514 image.

This is the best thing ever.
I am prepared to love this but what is the underslung one? It almost looks like a high-end .22 target pistol.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

infrared35 posted:

There appears to be a problem with your scope mount.
Volley fire is all the rage with today's tactical operator.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

These may be among mankind's greatest achievements.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Gtab was born with the knowledge of exactly how many foreigners every American rifle has ever killed.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Gtab posted:

I met R Lee Ermey at SHOT Show this year. He was awesome.
I used to work with a guy who got a shirt autographed by Ermey before he went off to Army basic. I was the only person he knew who actually recognized the name.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

CrackyMcZap posted:

Needs more poo poo on the rails.
Vera?

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Let's start at the front and work our way back: lol, front sight held on with electrical tape. Lol, lovely fiberglass druganov stock. What the gently caress, giant Anschutz-style target sight?

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Hi Point Lover posted:

Hi Point 995 Carbine
ATI Strikeforce Stock
TruGlo Red Dot Sight
ATI Tactical Buttpad
Bushman Parts Charging Handle
Bushman Parts Trigger
ATI Accessory Rails
CAA Short Vertical Grip
Leapers Flashlight Mount
ATI MiniMag Adaptor
AA MiniMag Flashlight
Nite Ize 1w LED upgrade w/ tailcap switch
Brownells Alum-Hyde II Matte Black on receiver cover, charging handle and OEM rails
We are through the looking glass.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

JEEVES420 posted:

So your saying that all of that stuff comes standard on a CX?
Well you could say that the awful CX4-lookalike stock comes standard on the CX4. The rest of it is essentially garbage anyway.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

This doesn't count on our list of NFA violations, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

I forgot to add a

I figured it was exempt, since not only is the photographer in uniform but it appears to be an 870MCS.