Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Scored a Yashica 12 and a Minolta SR-1S from my grandfather.

The Minolta works like a champ, but the shutter doesn't actuate on the Yashica. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

eggsovereasy posted:

You can probably send the Yashica to Mark Hama to get repaired, I'm not sure what it costs though.

Yeah I threw it on x to test the self timer but it wouldn't even go. I'm thinking that's the issue. Of course, I've been wrong before.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
Friend of mine mentioned a few weeks ago that she’s been missing out on photography and also mentioned that shes always preferred film from when she did projects in high school/college. Photos would be travel walking photography kind of stuff.

I know nothing about used 35mm SLRs. Was thinking of getting her one for Christmas and something like a 50mm or some kind of variable zoom lens to go with it. Was thinking some bargain grade camera from Keh that would take serviceable Tri-X photos. I figure something minimally decent so it can give her something to build on if she wants to take it and run with it, but if it ends up being sparsely used and collecting dust it won’t break my bank.

Any recommendations? Thanks.