Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

God, what a waste of time. The high point of the entire movie, for me, was the 30 second scene involving Brandon from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Every way this movie could have failed, it did. The characters did absolutely nothing to make me care about them, to the point that when John Leguizamo cuts his wrists, there was zero audience reaction. Ditto for the crazy plant couple, or really anybody in the big group. Personally, the only character I gave a poo poo about was Zooey Deschanel's, and that's only because she's so dreamy :swoon:. As for cinematography, I appreciate what they were going for, but unfortunately, it is really hard to make wind blowing through grass and trees look like a scary or ominous thing. Finally, the one thing that would have given the movie some sort of redeeming value would have been a good twist worthy of the name M. Night Shyamalan, but apparantly the twist was nonexistent. OK, it was maybe the plants, and maybe it was triggered for a reason mentioned for about 30 seconds halfway through the movie (the high concentration of nuclear power plants), and yet nobody does anything about it, the cities seem to be pretty normal, with not a noticeably lower amount of people, and then it starts happening again in Paris of all places? What the gently caress?

Also, why make such a big deal about bees at the beginning and then never mention it again?

0/5 Apparantly one of the extras in the movie (the girl who gets freaked out in the jeep that John Leguizamo calms down) was sitting in front of me, and I just congratulated her for a role in such a big budget movie, when what I really wanted to say was "sorry your first big-screen appearance was in such a lovely movie."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU