Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«383 »
EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

working on mouth/inner mouth rigging:

It seems to run really slowly in the viewport, or is it just the screencap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

It runs really slowly in the viewport, yeah. I have too many constraints going on for the hardware I have, overall the rig needs to be redone from scratch with a lot fewer constraints.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

Turbine trip
Reactor trip

So I recently signed up for an account at Poliigon and dropped $48 on texture credits. Wow, they have tons of really great textures including a lot of sky and studio HDRIs. Totally worth it for how simple it is and the quality.

Problem was I went hog-wild with 4K and above textures where they really weren’t necessary and started running out of memory when rendering. Need to make sure to get the 2K textures...

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Get more ram, they have 6k+, I think the hdris are 15k.

Speaking of excessive ram usage, I think I broke a record this past week. We took a photo of the beach but the sand looked a little grimy so I rendered a patch to brush into the photo. One plane, one material, vray sun/sky, 55gb ram usage. I was surprisingly impressed.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at Jun 24, 2018 around 07:16

«383 »