Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«403 »
SpoonsForThought
Jul 1, 2007

I'm going to reiterate what some have already touched on, but slim down your body of work to just your best images and throw them up on behance/artstation/a simple squarespace site. I know how to do web design but my own site is still a squarespace because it's painful and unnecessary to reinvent the wheel for a portfolio site that won't really do anything better or different than what those industry standard sites already do.

If you are wanting to get some archviz work either freelancing or going in-house at an arch firm I would recommend doing 1 or 2 images of something more architecturally interesting or significant. This will standout far more than a car dealership/chain restaurant image. Pick a nice building or two and do your own images of it. Take your time, pull up as many references as you can, and just go slow till your happy. (Just whatever you do don't do images of the Barcelona Pavilion because everyone has done it already.)

I wanted to share a two quick images I did for fun a few months back. I mentioned some time ago that I get bored quickly on personal 3D work and wanted to explore a more loose aesthetic. These final products are not renderings at all but are purely photoshop/photobashing, hope that's alright!

SpoonsForThought fucked around with this message at Jan 18, 2019 around 01:47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

«403 »