Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorRobert
Jan 20, 2020

I have this one wagon model for Neverwinter Nights Im trying to animate the wheels for in Blender. The wheels are part of the model. I can get one wheel turning with an armature spoke made the parent of the wagon model. Any more than one however looks to be completely impossible using this method because you cant have more than one armature be parent of a particular model right? So without separating the wheels from the wagon because I dont think NWN would be at all happy with that is there any way to animate all four wheels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Canít you put multiple bones in the armature, one for each wheel? Then parent the model. Or do I not understand what youíre saying

PublicOpinion
Oct 20, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

I don't know what kind of rigs you can get into NWN, but could you not just add a bone for each axle and assign each pair of wheels to the proper bones?

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

BLO OD E M PR E SS

of

THUDNER-DOME

PSA: Based on a discussion with some folks, I made a place where people can post their work for goons to peruse and hopefully commission projects. The other purpose of the thread, and the thing that prompted me to ask people about it, was that I would like a place to point goons who would like to request forums art (like gang tags, avs, banners--things specific to SA). No one has to accept such a request, but at least I would have a central place to point people. Anyway here is the link, hopefully this is in some way useful to someone!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964463

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?

Grimey Drawer

Hell, I was just about to post up asking if someone could talk about a 3d model I'd like done, so I am very much in and the thread is bookmarked. I'm always nervous about posting in here, cause it seems a lot like walking into a private party and trying not to crash it. Not that anyone has been off-putting in the least, I just have so little to offer the conversation it feels weird.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Clapping Larry

I don't know if fractals belong here but they're so weird and I love them.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 10, 2021

Apr 7, 2019

Dick Trauma posted:

I don't know if fractals belong here but they're so weird and I love them.

Cool! Is it raymarching? What's your process look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Clapping Larry

I'm still a Blender novice so I'm just using Mandelbulb3d to model, light and render then into Photoshop for post, like Z-buffer blurring.