Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pumaman
Dec 2, 2006

Are you an onion?
I love Solidworks (sorta). I've been working on the bots from MST3K for some time now, but thanks to a crash, I lost my most recent version of the program and couldn't edit my work because of that "future version" bullshit. But I finally bought 2008 and I really like the way Photoworks is playing, this time around.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumaman
Dec 2, 2006

Are you an onion?

International Log posted:

Not to derail or steal thunder, but our powers are needed here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2969549

Your favourite smileys in 3d!

I did :haw: and :hist101: :

Go, my brethren, go!

Hah! Good man, International Log.

Pumaman
Dec 2, 2006

Are you an onion?

Kirby posted:

I think it would only sit well with things like car and industrial design, if at all. they would still probably rather just a pad and pencils.

That's the truth. I like the symmetry this offers, but it will never replace hand rendering, and you just can't achieve tight detail on tablet like you can with a good, sharp pencil.

Pumaman
Dec 2, 2006

Are you an onion?
I've been looking at packaging design companies lately and I decided to tool around with a clamshell design for a mouse. Pretty basic mouse (replaceable top panel so you can customize a color scheme, probably exists in many forms), but the plastic packaging introduced me to a new world of modeling that I never gave much thought to before. Here's how it looks so far.

I dunno if it's because of the refraction or what, but this kind of material takes AGES to render, even on low indirect illumination.

Pumaman
Dec 2, 2006

Are you an onion?

DefMech posted:

They've been buying a lot of high profile entertainment oriented companies lately, so they'll probably swing around to the design/engineering side, go mad with power, and buy Dassault Systemes. After that, they form into some sort of software singularity and become fully sentient, removing the need for human operators entirely.

gently caress that, if they touch Dassault I'll have to send my progeny back in time to stop this from happening.