Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Wanker
Dec 31, 2008
First time i post something here, yay!

Anyways, i finished this a few days ago. It's based on a concept by Cory Strader for the game Natural Selection 2. I think it came out so-so, a lot of it could've been done better but i don't want to put anymore time into it. For what it's worth, i learned a lot from making it.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Wanker
Dec 31, 2008
I love Modo for modeling. It handles highpoly and lowpoly very nicely and i get a much more faster workflow in modo than maya or max, much because of it's easy customizability. I haven't touched the animation-tools yet but from what i've heard, they're not as good as the ones in maya or max. Modo also have a lot of bugs and can crash pretty easily but so can max and maya.

Some of the features in Modo 401 looks really neat as well:

http://www.luxology.com/modo/401.introduction/

Bloody Wanker
Dec 31, 2008
I made some Metal Gear Rising Fan-Art, thought i would cross-post it here as well.

It's rendered in real-time in Marmoset Toolbag.

Enjoy!

and here's a shot with the wireframe: