Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Working on "Maggie & The Ferocious Beast" and "Rescue Heroes" took years off my life.

great googly-moogly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

In C4D is it possible to use mograph effectors to transform vertices?

edit: Got it. Just use the deformer built in to the effector properties

low quality jpeg fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 20, 2012

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

Say I wanted to make a taco shell - how would I efficiently do so? Would I bend a cylinder or manually extrude edges?

I'm using Cinema 4D but any general advice would be cool

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

Odddzy posted:

Here's the new version, i'm much happier with it. Some stuff isn't perfect but i'm more content with it now though.

This owns. I've always wanted to make stuff like this

Eventually I'll work my way up from Coke cans

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

Anyone else hyped for the new Quixel suite??

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

Next Monday as far as I know

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for a GPU-based renderer to be used in Modo (and possibly Houdini later)? For hobby work

Octane seems like the only choice here, but hopefully someone has experience with others. Or is Octane decent enough ?

The difference in speeds is ridiculous, but not a lot of clear info online about prices and cons and so on. Some guy on the maya forums is arguing that GPU Renderers arent necessarily better, but the speed gainz seem amazing

I use c4d but i absolutely love octane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

low quality jpeg
Mar 10, 2012

made a music video for my friends. rendered all of the shots in blender, mostly cycles and a few eevee. assembled some stuff in cinema 4d (cloners and volumes) and transfered via alembic. post in premiere/AE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sar3JymBC88&hd=1