Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambl0r
Dec 25, 2003

LOCAL MAN
RUINS
EVERYTHING
Hello 3D thread! Long time, no see.

I recently rendered these Scrabble-like tiles for the splash screen of a iPhone game called Tile Sudoku that a friend developed:

I learned how to use Reactor to make the tiles look like they fell on each other realistically. Then, I had to try an animation, even though it won't be used for anything. That is here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=05TIAMez7Jw

In the animation you may notice that two of the tiles on the left intersect... I had this problem a lot when rendering the stills, too. Is there a better way to have Reactor 'recalculate' the scene without lifting one of the objects off the ground, starting the simulation again, and hoping it falls into a better position?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU