Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Thought I'd post this here. Just a beginners model, still working on it obviously, a ton is unfinished.

Click here for the full 1280x600 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

le capitan posted:

Don't know if you're looking for a critique or not, but here goes:
textures on the road and sidewalk look stretched/repeating.
Should have some indication of where the fencing comes out of the sidewalk like dirt or something.
A light coming from the door would add a nice ambience, but i'm guessing you haven't messed with lights yet.

Yeah, critique is awesome since I'm just starting out with this. Really enjoying it. Thanks for the comments. I'm working on some skyscrapers right now, maybe I'll post them when I'm confident they don't look like poo poo :shobon:

Also, it's pretty difficult to google a question like this so I hope it's ok: What would be the best college degree for architectural visualization?

zeldadude fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 2, 2009

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

cubicle gangster posted:

:words:

Thanks for the answer and tips, both of you. Here's something I've been working on today.. my first night shot. Still tons unmodeled and textures suck, but oh well.

Click here for the full 2000x1000 image.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Is it incredibly hard to get correct scale with no size references for everyone else, or am I just scale-challenged? I'm trying to model this (not full on, but just a basic model) since I really like the architecture, but it's proving quite difficult. Maybe due to the camera angle or something but I can't get the scale right at all.

Click here for the full 685x1024 image.