Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therunningman
Jun 28, 2005
...'e 'ad to spleet.
A little side project I've started to tinker with when there aren't any retirement homes needing elevations rendered.

A cellular tower turned drum machine. The different antennas open up, small metal arms come out and start drumming on the "covers". Just making the different parts before I populate it more.
I picture the larger one as a base drum, the smaller coned one as hi hats and the vertical ones as some akin to a xylophone or keyboard. There will also be some that turn into speakers. Something for the strobe lights too, haven't thought that far yet.

Click here for the full 619x1080 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therunningman
Jun 28, 2005
...'e 'ad to spleet.
Been adding some textures.

Now I need to start thinking how to animate it. I've never really done any animation in MAX previous. I really only use it to render architectural stuff.

Does anyone have an idea of the proper MAX technique to easily replicate a series of keyframe snippets to match a beat?

Click here for the full 714x1080 image.

therunningman
Jun 28, 2005
...'e 'ad to spleet.
Is anyone using the 401 version of modo yet? It looks really good
I am really excited about the direction the software is moving.

http://www.luxology.com/

therunningman
Jun 28, 2005
...'e 'ad to spleet.
As a longtime user I strongly look forward to using "Adobe Enscape" in the future. :cry: