Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Hi there.

I'm hiring a 3D modeler over in SAMart right now. I figure this is the thread most likely to have interest in the work, so I'll post it here. If it feels like the post is vague and possibly missing important information, it's that I'm not a 3D dude and don't entirely know what to tell you I need. I'm hiring in good faith, though, and will give any extra info you need. :) Character art references / tri-pose are available; I just have to send them directly and have been asked not to post them to the thread.

Thread link: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963549

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

SubNat posted:

I'd say a suggestion is that while you don't wish to show the references you have for the character, it would be super helpful for interested people if you could find some references for what kind of style you're going for:
Images of similar characters / the style used, images from games or anime/cg that's similar, so that any prospective modelers have a bit more of an idea of what you want going into it. Other VRChat avatars that the streamer likes and if they'd like something similar to them.

Going by the Live2D -> VRChat mentions my first impression is that it might be a vtuber-esque anime character, for example, which might be entirely off the mark.
Good on you for being upfront with a starting budget though, and I wish you luck in finding someone. ( Though, why not go to some of the VRChat modelers you mention in the post? )

Good idea. I'll provide an example in the other thread.

The problem with going with the ones I know of is that the current vtuber craze has the talented modelers in the community completely overloaded with more commissions than they can handle. Like, "apply here for the lottery to see if you make my waitlist, maybe find out in two months" overloaded. (I'm not kidding, btw - I'm on someone's waitlist for the waitlist, which will be decided in ~2 months who gets into the next queue.) So, I'm spreading elsewhere a little since you never know who posts on SA. :)

This is the sort of style I'm talking. CG anime. The big thing is that it clearly looks like it's out of an anime even though it's 3D, and not a super-shiny 3D, poorly-textured interpretation of what was once anime, if that makes sense?