Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
NeerWas

Everyday I'm shufflin'.
Hashihime 橋姫 means "Bridge Princess." It is the name of the Shinto deity who guards the bridge at Uji, south of Kyoto, and of a Noh play about her. You can still visit her ancient shrine.

"Hashihime 橋姫" is also the name of a late chapter of the classic Japanese novel the Tale of Genji, where it refers to two princesses who live in seclusion at Uji with their father, the Eighth Prince, the disgraced figurehead of a failed palace coup.

The final ten chapters are now my favorite part of the Genji. They tell the story of Kaoru, Genji's nephew, who thinks he wants to retire from the world, but is held back by his feeling of responsibility for the two princesses after their father dies, and by his love for the elder princess. It also tells of the princesses' own struggles with their difficult situation. And it describes the adventures of Kaoru's philandering friend, Genji's grandson, Prince Niou. It ends with the tale of Ukifune, the princesses' long-lost half-sister.

For anyone who doesn't know the Tale of Genji, it is arguably the world's first real novel. It was written around 1000 AD by a Japanese court lady known as Murasaki Shikibu. And in my opinion, the next time the world saw a novel as psychologically subtle as the Genji was over 700 years later, with the Dream of the Red Chamber in China and the novels of Jane Austen in England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeerWas

Everyday I'm shufflin'.
MGS4 - a children's game

NeerWas

Everyday I'm shufflin'.
what's up fake rear end anime crew