Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«435 »
Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Travelers got wrapped up pretty well; it's probably my favorite time traveling show of the last few decades.

I watched Solar Opposites, which I think was mentioned here. Run of the mill Justin Roiland show, pretty entertaining with the usual gags and twists, voice acting, and animation. Short and sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.

Grimey Drawer

We ran out of the UK version of Taskmaster and started watching the Comedy Central version and...oof. I love Reggie Watts but he was a terrible choice to host Taskmaster. Watching Alex Horne banter with Greg Davies is one of the best parts of the UK version, but he and Reggie have zero chemistry.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Illegal Hen

I liked that half the actors in Travelers were in Continuum (is there a designated Canadian time travel acting troupe?), which made it feel a bit like an alternate universe spin-off at times.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Dicty Bojangles posted:

I liked that half the actors in Travelers were in Continuum (is there a designated Canadian time travel acting troupe?), which made it feel a bit like an alternate universe spin-off at times.

These shows are all filmed in Vancouver so thereís always a good chance of seeing familiar faces pop up!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Dead to Me S2 really ends with a whimper. First, the investigation storyline just ends with the detective deciding to let her go, the bad guy dirty cop that seems like he's gonna be the subsequent threat is arrested off screen, then it ends with randomness. *shrug*

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl and FOURTEEN KARAT GOLD!!!

Warning: SU Season 3 Spoilers

A couple episodes into Season 4 of Law and Order: SVU, and so far it and the last couple of episodes of Season 3 have been fantastic

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 3, 2016

I watched the first season of Stranger Things when it first came out and never came back to the show. Started over and currently in the middle of season two.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Just finished Travelers Season 2, episodes 5 and 6, and the writers eerily predicted this entire COVID-19 pandemic back in 2017 and got so many of the chilling details spot-on.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Just finished seasons 1-3 of Ozark Iím loving it! Those wacky Byrds just keep getting into trouble. Laura Linney is phenomenal as Wendy.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Just finished Travelers Season 2, episodes 5 and 6, and the writers eerily predicted this entire COVID-19 pandemic back in 2017 and got so many of the chilling details spot-on.

Haha yeah I was watching this a couple months ago and was thinking this.

People have said the same about the movie Contagion as well. Perhaps in situations like this human behaviour is really easy to predict?

Cactus fucked around with this message at 11:44 on May 24, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Gangs of London was pretty good. It looks like you're watching a lot of money on the screen for most of the action.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

My mission to watch as much schlocky teen drama as I possibly can in this quarantine has led me to Roswell New Mexico

This show moves fast. Checkov would be shot by his own gun as soon as he articulated his rule in this show. A secret? Next episode it's blabbed to pretty much everyone. A situation with some implications? Next episode opens having moved right past them and we're living in the new world. It is the antithesis to Lost or any of those shows where you think " WHY DON'T THEY JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER, TELL EVERYONE WHATS GOING ON?!?"

Well, in this show that's all they do. I'm 8 episodes in to season 1 and I've been constantly amazed by how much people tell each other about what is going on. Most of the mysteries are solved five seconds later. I wish more, better shows adopted this philosophy. It's downright fresh.

But it's still a schlocky teen drama though...

lol

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Trig Discipline posted:

We ran out of the UK version of Taskmaster and started watching the Comedy Central version and...oof. I love Reggie Watts but he was a terrible choice to host Taskmaster. Watching Alex Horne banter with Greg Davies is one of the best parts of the UK version, but he and Reggie have zero chemistry.
Ron Funches is pretty much the only reason to watch it. The Scandinavians have made a good go at making their own versions; I recommend giving the Norwegian Kongen befaler a go. It manages to deliver some moments as good as anything the UK version has. Reddit will turn up copies with subtitles.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

I tried Solar Opposites and I loving loved it. I was feeling like poo poo because of some drama and it picked me right up. Laughed my rear end off even though I'm a weirdo who can sit through most comedies without laughing. It hits right where my brokebrain sense of humor is, and is much better for the lighter tone vis a vis Rick and Morty.

R&M's shadow is going to loom large on this show, the animation and voices and writing are very similar when they're not the same. But the tone made me forget about R&M and I actually kind of like it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Watched through Godless the past few days. I'm disappointed, the show was drat near perfect until the last episode, which became a total nonsensical trainwreck.

«435 »