Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cheers is pretty great. Once you're done with that watch Frasier. It's even better and has aged like fine wine. There's a couple odd jokes here and there (especially the terrible Doctor Mary episodes), but for the most part it stands up very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Solice Kirsk posted:

Cheers is pretty great. Once you're done with that watch Frasier. It's even better and has aged like fine wine. There's a couple odd jokes here and there (especially the terrible Doctor Mary episodes), but for the most part it stands up very well.

Frasier can come off as very strange at times in retrospect, because there's the recurrent theme of 90s gay panic mixed with the fact that 2/3 male leads were in the closet.

It adds a weird accent to some of the humor.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm fast approaching the end of Minder which I tried on a whim but has been very enjoyable. I am not sure what I'll watch next; I've been thinking of finally cracking into Justified but at the same time I'm pondering something a bit shorter.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm fast approaching the end of Minder which I tried on a whim but has been very enjoyable. I am not sure what I'll watch next; I've been thinking of finally cracking into Justified but at the same time I'm pondering something a bit shorter.

Justified is one of my favorite shows ever, and you can stream the whole thing on Amazon Prime. I highly recommend it.

If you like it and want something equally fun, but shorter, pulpier, with more violence, nudity, and sex but dialogue that isn't as clever, try Banshee. The first two seasons are free on Amazon Prime, and then you can get a free week-long Cinemax subscription to binge the third and fourth seasons, since you'll be hooked.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Justified is one of my favorite shows ever, and you can stream the whole thing on Amazon Prime. I highly recommend it.

If you like it and want something equally fun, but shorter, pulpier, with more violence, nudity, and sex but dialogue that isn't as clever, try Banshee. The first two seasons are free on Amazon Prime, and then you can get a free week-long Cinemax subscription to binge the third and fourth seasons, since you'll be hooked.

Banshee is like a mashup of Justified and Sin City. In a good way, I like to think.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Solice Kirsk posted:

Will do. I remember watching Fraiser when I was a lot younger with my parents. Granted 95% of the jokes probably went over my head but I have fond memories.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ok yeah I burned through the rest of Final Space. Decent show but gently caress Olan Rogers. His forced acting made this a constant battle to not just turn off the tv.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I started Banshee and enjoyed it but like Breaking Bad I never finished it.

Old Balls McGee
Nov 2, 2008
I've watched both seasons of Legion a couple of times and I'm not even a comic book person. Pretty fun times with a sad brains super powerful mutant, suprise Jemaine, bat poo poo crazy Aubry, and a throwback to the 90's with a Designing Woman.,

I also like the cover songs they use. https://open.spotify.com/album/2uePxYTyE0K4uiIMb6Hqps

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity
Ash vs. Evil Dead season 3 was amazing. I'm sad they cancelled this glorious show

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

EvidenceBasedQuack posted:

Ash vs. Evil Dead season 3 was amazing. I'm sad they cancelled this glorious show

What? WHAT? No... But... But! Future Ash! Please?

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

It's a YouTube show and not really on TV, but I've been making my way through the interview series Hot Ones with Sean Evans. This show is an absolute DELIGHT. This super nice dude name Sean interviews random celebrities while they eat spicier and spicier hot wings, and it is so interesting to see a celebrity come in acting all cool, and then by the end they're drooling and snot is running down their face, and they start to answer the questions more honestly. I can't recommend it enough!

So far my favorite ones are Jim Gaffigan, Terry Crews, Key & Peele, and John Mayer.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

One bite only everyone knows the rules

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hot Ones is one of my favourite YouTube shows yeah. Also got my housemates and I really into hot sauce. The ones the Hot Ones crew make are genuinely delicious as hell, even if The Last Dab is murderous.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I haven't seen them all but Alton Brown was probably my favorite guest on Hot One's. He eats it like it's any other food and then comments on the flavors. I seem to remember Natalie Portman being entertaining.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I too like Hot Ones. Got the Henry Rollins episode up next.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

God I loved Banshee. Like a PTA meeting could have turned into a shoot out/cage fight between an Amish crime lord and 7 foot tall Native American and it wouldn't have been out of place.

I always wondered if the the reformed Nazi police officer who was covered in racist tattoos had to get them applied every day or if he had to walk around with them for weeks.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If you google around you can find Rollins talking about the fake Nazi tattoo he got for Sons of Anarchy. IIRC they last 3-4 weeks.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Speaking of, Mayans MC is airing next week.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

pahuyuth posted:

I too like Hot Ones. Got the Henry Rollins episode up next.

Joey Diaz is amazing

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Season 2 of Hulu's Harlots in the books. I can't actually tell if this show is any good but boy does it tickle all of TV-viewing pleasure centers.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
I finished Hannibal. Mason Verger was such a great character. Overall a very good series.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Your Gay Uncle posted:

God I loved Banshee. Like a PTA meeting could have turned into a shoot out/cage fight between an Amish crime lord and 7 foot tall Native American and it wouldn't have been out of place.

Yeah Banshee was dumb as poo poo in the best possible way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was really a wonder why anyone lived in that town, including the Amish.

I like when the DOJ was like "Holy poo poo, guys! You know what, never mind, we're outta here. This is your problem."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to watch Justified next. But there are some movies I have had on my shelf for a while that I want to watch first.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Weaponized Autism posted:

I finished Hannibal. Mason Verger was such a great character. Overall a very good series.

Did you notice the actor changed between seasons

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm going to watch Justified next. But there are some movies I have had on my shelf for a while that I want to watch first.

Justified is one of my favorite shows, and might have the most satisfying ending of any series I've seen.

Also, it got me into bourbon.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Great News is fun, silly nonsense that I breezed through in an afternoon. Very sitcommy, but with a splash of self-awareness.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

OscarDiggs posted:

Great News is fun, silly nonsense that I breezed through in an afternoon. Very sitcommy, but with a splash of self-awareness.

I liked Great News, shame it was cancelled.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!

phosdex posted:

I liked Great News, shame it was cancelled.

That was disheartening news, but when I googles to find out more, I learned that there was a second season not yet on Netflix. So swings and roundabouts.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Just watched "American Vandal" . its pretty good. Not just good for a mockumentary, but as a show.it does a pretty good deconstuction of true crime documentaries AND high school and the final episode is pretty blunt and with some meat to it. The jokes are solid,if sometimes (intentionally) crude, and not one of the teen actors was annoyingly bad, which is an achievement.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I just finished Cheers and I can confirm that yes, it's pretty great. It is amusing to see what 80s TV writers thought passed for "scandalous" though. I guarantee you that a sitcom where there was a wedding or a proposal every other episode wouldn't survive one season now.

I transitioned straight into Frasier and watched the pilot last night. Am I going to hate David Hyde Pierce or am I going to get used to him?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Tony Gunk posted:

I transitioned straight into Frasier and watched the pilot last night. Am I going to hate David Hyde Pierce or am I going to get used to him?

You will get used to and possibly like him.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Or possibly cherish every precious moment you get to spend in his company :colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

David Hyde Pierce is a treasure and Niles is the best part of the show. Well, him and Martin. And Roz.

edit:
Frasier is one of my all time favorite shows, so it's hard for me to be unbiased.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Niles remains one of my favourite fictional characters of all time.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Martytoof posted:

Niles remains one of my favourite fictional characters of all time.

"Now make yourself at home. Perhaps a glass of Bordeaux? I have the '82 Château Latour and a rather indifferent Rauzan-Ségla."

"I've been in prison, Cecil. I'll be happy just as long as it doesn't taste like orange drink fermented under a radiator."

"That would be the Latour, then."

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
What about the buffoon lessons, the four years at clown college?

I'll thank you not to refer to Princeton that way.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't John Mahoney appear as their father as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The Good Place Season 2 is on Netflix now. You should watch it, and also season 1 if you haven't seen that, either. It's really, really good.