Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

TV Zombie posted:

Just finished JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Netflix and it was a weirdly enjoyable experience. I know that there's more on Crunchyroll and Hulu but I really don't know how the series continued after this craziness.
If they could only work with the Ripple powers then yeah there probably was/is a ceiling for what Araki could do in terms of it being off the wall; which is why the big thing is that Stands as a power were introduced in Part 3 and permanently and completely changed the franchise forever.

I definitely recommend to press on on CR or whatever, Part 3 has some pacing problems but is still generally considered a classic and Part 4 is my favorite story in the whole thing by a huge margin since it was blatantly the mold that Persona 4 was based off of (but way better).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Caught up with the second season of Atlanta, which had somehow slipped under my radar a year ago. Much like the first season, it is unlike anything I have seen before, and about something I've never seen anything about. On top of the very well written and portrayed struggle-of-life story, this season also had some of Donald Glover's weird multilayered creative escapades, which I find incredibly impressive. I hope this man keeps doing what he's doing for a very long time.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The Orville is really good, especially season 2

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Meatgrinder posted:

Caught up with the second season of Atlanta, which had somehow slipped under my radar a year ago. Much like the first season, it is unlike anything I have seen before, and about something I've never seen anything about. On top of the very well written and portrayed struggle-of-life story, this season also had some of Donald Glover's weird multilayered creative escapades, which I find incredibly impressive. I hope this man keeps doing what he's doing for a very long time.

such an amazing show imo

i remember watching the teddy perkins episode and just being :stare: the entire time

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Bosch - S5 - Still good!

Description: Cop noir. Written around season long arcs. Lots of good performances and LA is very prominent in visuals and feels. They're doing a great job of keeping hte quality up

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Partway through Hannibal Season 3 and I think the most amazing thing about this show for me, is how he's charmed everyone on the show so that even though there's a hint of menace with him, no one stops him or confronts him with a group of people to arrest him. Like Gillian Anderson's character knows how dangerous Hannibal is, but she just seems to be enabling him. It's frustrating.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
If you watch Hannibal under the impression that he is literally the Devil it makes sense.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Accretionist posted:

Bosch - S5 - Still good!

Description: Cop noir. Written around season long arcs. Lots of good performances and LA is very prominent in visuals and feels. They're doing a great job of keeping hte quality up

Good to hear. I binged through all of the other seasons last year and definitely felt a drought for a genre I haven't cared for in years.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Bosch - S5 - Still good!

I binged S5 in two days while I was sick. Love this show. It just has a feel you don't find on TV much. Bosch is one of my all time favorite cop characters. I'm tempted to read the books.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Crate & Barrel's serial killer subplot is still the funniest thing in the show.

"Like zen masters!"

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TV Zombie posted:

Partway through Hannibal Season 3 and I think the most amazing thing about this show for me, is how he's charmed everyone on the show so that even though there's a hint of menace with him, no one stops him or confronts him with a group of people to arrest him. Like Gillian Anderson's character knows how dangerous Hannibal is, but she just seems to be enabling him. It's frustrating.
That's part of what makes him so dangerous.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

D-Pad posted:

I binged S5 in two days while I was sick. Love this show. It just has a feel you don't find on TV much. Bosch is one of my all time favorite cop characters. I'm tempted to read the books.

Finished S5 last night. I just love this show, and I haven't read the books either.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

D-Pad posted:

The books are good, they absolutely have the same noir feel as the show, but the show does a hell of a lot to round out the characters who tend to come across a little flat in the original stories.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I've been slowly watching Seinfeld over the last few months on Amazon Prime, since I've never seen it before. Today I got an e-mail saying it's leaving Prime at the end of the month.

I've just finished season 5, and I've got a few days off. Can I make it? :ohdear:

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

OldMemes posted:

I've been slowly watching Seinfeld over the last few months on Amazon Prime, since I've never seen it before. Today I got an e-mail saying it's leaving Prime at the end of the month.

I've just finished season 5, and I've got a few days off. Can I make it? :ohdear:

I believe in you. At least make it to the end of season 7.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

clown shoes posted:

I believe in you. At least make it to the end of season 7.

Apparently they took it off earlier this year and put it back on, so maybe they'll do the same again. I've really been enjoying it, and they don't have Hulu in the UK.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wish Amazon Prime had a better way of searching for shows. It loving sucks trying to find anything new on there.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

I wish Amazon Prime had a better way of searching for shows. It loving sucks trying to find anything new on there.

Without this thread or forum I would not even know about a fuckload of interesting shows across a number of platforms.

Talking of which, just finished the first season of Cloak and Dagger. I have so far only liked very few superhero series - Legion, Black Lightning, Preacher - and I was ready to ditch this one too until it got off its rear end around episode eight. Sure, it's pretty flawed: it can be very on the nose, emphatically explaining plot points and character development, and the characters can react overly dramatic and seem to hold some really simplistic world views, but honestly, after the last two episodes all I want is to see more.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

D-Pad posted:

I thought the eye gouge plane fight was a little ridiculous but other than that I love the new season so far .

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

According to the e-mail, Seinfeld was leaving Prime on the 30th, but I was just watching an episode, after midnight I clicked next, but its gone off streaming on onto purchase? But it's not the 30th?! And I'm only half way through season 6? I suppose I could pay the £5 each for the last few seasons, but what if I do that, and it goes back on streaming?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Brown Moses posted:

I just finished The Terror, it was so good I binged the last 5 episodes. Really well acted, tense, scary, and has a really solid ending. Hopefully season 2, which is a completely different story, will be just as good.

Yeah....they did an awesome job with that show. The book is great as well. Dan Simmons is right up with Frank Herbert as my favorite author. I don't know the status.....but it sounds like Bradley Cooper has been actively trying to get a TV series for Hyperion.....which is a top three favorite book of mine......along with Dune and another Simmons novel, Carrion Comfort. Carrion Comfort would make for a really awesome show as well.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Meatgrinder posted:

I was mad when he left Community....because the show just wasn't the same without him. But Atlanta is so good that I've forgiven him.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Just finished marathoning Atlanta - S2 because I completely missed that somehow

It's so gooooooood

Whoever's responsible for the surrealism (Glover?) seems like they're on track for David Lynch's weight class.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Just finished marathoning Atlanta - S2 because I completely missed that somehow

It's so gooooooood

Whoever's responsible for the surrealism (Glover?) seems like they're on track for David Lynch's weight class.

At least during the first season, Glover described Atlanta as "Twin Peaks with rappers."

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I'm on season 7 of Seinfeld! Jason Alexander is giving one of the best comedic performances I've ever seen.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

At least during the first season, Glover described Atlanta as "Twin Peaks with rappers."

Haha, that is an excellent description.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just finished Part 2 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and while I still don't know exactly how I feel about the show they certainly didn't hold much back for Part 2. So I'm curious what they do for "Part 3" with the tease of "lets go to Hell to rescue my boyfriend."

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I’m about to wrap up Black Sails and it’s been a pretty good ride for background action/intrigue while doing other things.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

STAC Goat posted:

I just finished Part 2 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and while I still don't know exactly how I feel about the show they certainly didn't hold much back for Part 2. So I'm curious what they do for "Part 3" with the tease of "lets go to Hell to rescue my boyfriend."

I gave it another shot. Lost interest again.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Doom Patrol blows any other DC attempt, movie or TV, so far out of the water it isn't even funny.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

Doom Patrol blows any other DC attempt, movie or TV, so far out of the water it isn't even funny.

Holy poo poo this has Brendan Frasier in it? Definitely giving it a shot, then!

e: I only just realised so I'm doing a PSA: the second season of Cobra Kai became available like, a week ago.

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 1, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

Any show that can make Cyborg not boring and relatable is doing something right, and the two women in the show are beyond crushing it.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

Watching this too and liking it. I love how wild-rear end weird it gets and yet still remains grounded with the characters (never read the comics).

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Jane Fonda on Norm MacDonald was the best talk show interview I've ever seen. They start out so awkwardly and by the end are making out.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Is that on Norm's Netflix show? I've only seen the one with David Spade and it almost killed me it was so funny.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Yeah. He's so awkward and random but she gets it.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Caught up with the second seasons of American Gods and Cobra Kai. In both cases the second season is basically of the same quality as the first. Especially Cobra Kai keeps on trucking with its back-and-forth plot, appealing characters and some great comedy moments. Really looking forward to season 3 for that show.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I watched the last season of The Americans in two days and feel like I don't know enough of the history to get proper closure out of it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
How long are the episodes and seasons of American Gods because it's a 450 page book, what are they still talking about? How far along in the story have they gone in that time because I remember it being a pretty straight-forward road trip style adventure for the majority. They must be really stretching things out.

e: To be fair it has also been like... 15 years since I read the book so I'm probably compressing stuff/forgetting things.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
S1 of American Gods ended with revealing the identity of Mr Wednesday and big happenings with Easter. I enjoyed it and will watch S2 soon but the pace was a slow build and I'm hoping things pick up after the major events at the end of S1.