Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

The Duke posted:

I've been stockpiling shows for when I get bored at home this summer and I just started watching Mad Men season 1 (pretty good so far), and I'm going to be starting on True Blood and Scrubs (season 2).

I just got Mad Men for my birthday (season 1) and I love it. The only complaint I have is that there's so little of it: Matthew Weiner is so good at having so much of the plot be unspoken and take a while to develop that 13 episodes feel like no time at all. I'm watching all the commentaries now to try and catch the details before I go rent season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Jarl posted:

The creators originally intended the finale to be the "Boxing Daria" episode. I loved it, but I'm also convinced they ended the show at just the right time. Now if only one could buy the complete DVD set and/or they would re air the original versions of the episodes instead of the wattered down versions that have been aired on some other channel (I don't live in USA and don't know the name of that channel).

The dvd will be released in 2010. They had major issues getting all the music licensed, but I'm guessing all the grunge artists are a little less picky about it now.