Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Started watching John from Cincinatti, and four episodes in am still trying to figure out if its deeply profound or just bizarre for the sake of bizarre and pointless.

Planning on Six Feet Under next thanks to this thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Tearing through Trailer Park Boys at breakneck speed, just finishing season 4. At what point do I watch the movie?

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Two discs left of Six Feet Under.

Really can't thank you all enough for the recommendation. How's Riches?

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Leviathan posted:

Are you talking about this show? I remember watching just the first season and I wasn't sure if it ever got a proper ending before it was cancelled.

That's the one. Netflix recommended it and I thought it sounded like a really neat concept.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Alias. Really got into the first and (most of) the second seasons, but am now half way through season 3 and am really struggling with taking the plot seriously. Is this series a downhill slope?

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Season 4 is when it becomes completly ridiculous

I binged through the series this fall. If I could have done it over again, I wouldn't have bothered with seasons 4 or 5. The ending did not make up for how bad season 5 was.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Sort of simultaneously going through The Unit, Nikita, and Brotherhood. All very good so far, The Unit got a lot better during the second season over the first. Still in season one on the other two.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Urgh this show. It started out as a decent show. Then for me as the seasons wore on I found myself just fast-forwarding through the wife bits cause they were lame and boring as F-U-C-K.

Then the action bits even got stupid. Be warned.

My suspicions were high with the conclusion of season 2 and the whole CIA conspiracy plot, but the wife stuff hasn't been too bad thus far.

Flatscan posted:

One of the episodes involves the Spear of Destiny. It's loving awful.

Now how could that be bad? :)

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

I've just finished season 2 of Prison Break. I like the characters and really enjoyed probably the first 3/4 of the second season, but the absurdity of the last ten minutes of the S2 finale lost a lot of my interest. Is it worth continuing?

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

I've stuck with it thus far, but the new season premier last night was pretty bad.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

richardfun posted:

Just wait untill you get to season 2. That's when Percy really starts to shine.

I really enjoyed the first season of Nikita, but started season 2 and lost interest after four or five episodes. Does it start slow and get better?

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Been concurrently going through Strike Back and The Americans, getting my fill of spy drama. About three episodes into each, definitely sticking with the Americans but not sure if I want to keep going with Strike Back.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

qbert posted:

The first two seasons are amazing. Ignore any other opinions.

The third season is still solid, but not as good. Still worth watching.

Don't watch seasons 4 or 5. Not worth it.

leidend posted:

Watch The Americans for Keri Russell as a Soviet spy. I never thought I'd say that but she is excellent.

I agree with both these thoughts 110%

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

It's dumping snow here and I was bored, so I started 24 based on this discussion. Two episodes in now. I like it, but I can already see why Kim gets so many complaints.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

Crunkjuice posted:

Whats the opinion of Prison Break?

Eh, I'll go ahead and say watch season two, but for the love of god don't waste your time beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

How far into Walking Dead should I go before I decide the show is now for me? Having heard so many people talk about loving it I want to give it a chance but 3 eps in I'm kind of :shrug: