Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Yomofo posted:

I just finished up Sons of Anarchy and loved it.
I'm trying to get through The Unit and I'm struggling. I just find it too unrealistic and fake at times. I think that HBO and Showtime have spoiled me with violence. The Unit is almost like watching the A team now. :(
Anyways, I'd like to try something else and I'm torn between 24, Lost, or The Shield.

Any Suggestions for an action/drama guy?

I'd probably drop the The Unit. It isn't anywhere close to being in the same league as those other shows. I tried watching it, too. I eventually made it through the first season and after the first episode of the second season I gave it up. It really is just mediocre. I even found early canceled shows like E-Ring and Boomtown superior to The Unit.

If you haven't watched The Shield, Lost, or 24 yet, then I envy you. You've got some truly great marathon sessions ahead of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Recently binged through some back episodes of The Mentalist. Not really my type of show, but it's watchable.

On another note I've been looking to pick up some new shows. Of shows that are currently airing I'm only watching The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, The Good Wife, Supernatural, Smallville, and Vampire Diaries.

I was thinking of maybe giving No Ordinary Family a shot, since I'm a huge Shield fan, but it looks kind of sitcom-ish. The Event is another one I might try out at well. I also noticed there's no thread for Lost Girl, the promo made it look a bit like Buffy. Anyone watch it yet? Is it any good? Having no thread probably means it's pretty bad.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Yeah, Six Feet Under is a weird show. It's very low-key and slow moving. In all honesty I found it to be fairly boring as well and ended up marathoning pretty much the entire show as background noise that I half payed attention to while I surfed the net or played video games on my PC. The thing is, though, the show is still required viewing for having what is definitively the greatest ending of any television show ever produced. It might seem crazy to watch 5 seasons of a show that's slow moving and that you're really not that into just for the last 10 minutes of the final episode but it REALLY is that good.

And the show really isn't bad, it's just a really slow moving show where characters and their relationships are more important than exciting events. I thought the redhead was kind of cute and Michael C. Hall's character was fairly interesting and had some interesting experiences like when he get's car jacked but that's pretty much all I remember about the entire series save for the ending.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 5, 2010

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Dropping The Shield

You should keep going. That was an irksome scene but nothing like that happens again and it'd be a shame to miss out on the rest of the show because of that one scene. The last time I marathon re-watched The Shield I fast forwarded through a few of the Dutch centric long interrogation scenes. A lot of people love Dutch but I personally don't give a poo poo about the character. I'm all about the greatness that is Vic Mackey and his various machinations. And as far as the investigation side goes I like Claudette better anyway.

Anyway, cross posting from the Whedon thread, I recently burned through Buffy again. I haven't watched it since the show ended back in 2003 so it was kind of an event. I hadn't realized that it had been so many years and it was interesting to see how it held up. Spike was easily the most interesting character on the show and season 5 was still my favorite. The ending of the show left me with the same urge to see what happens next so I tried the Buffy Season 8 comics but I just couldn't get into them because of the comic book medium. So I was left wondering if the show will ever come back. But of course that kind of thing is so rare I can't imagine it happening here.

So there was no real catharsis, just the realization that a lot more time had passed than I'd thought.

I guess I might give Angel a re-watch next. I remember liking it, not as much as Buffy, but well enough. Especially the later seasons and of course it had a great finale.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Tsietisin posted:

At the moment, I seem to be going through Lie to Me. This is your standard proceedural thing but Tim Roth makes this such a jot to watch. He is basically the reason I want to watch another episode. It seems to be him dicking about for an hour and that to me is pretty awesome.

I've watched this from time to time for this exact same reason. Tim Roth is so above this stuff that it's hard to stomach, though. It's like Gary Oldman being given a police procedural. Part of me enjoys it for the Tim Roth the other part is annoyed that everything else is so mediocre. I'm still in love with that chick from The Practice, though.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Mr.Graves posted:

But now I need something new... any suggestions?

I'm a big serial drama fan and all of the shows you mentioned are some of my favorites so I can probably give you a good list of recommendations that match up with what you've got there. A bit of self-quoting from earlier in the thread...

Carnivāle: I love, LOVE this show. It has a special place in my heart as being one of the coolest, weirdest shows I've ever seen. Great writing, great cast. Michael J. Anderson steals the show. Just watch the opening credits and the initial monologue from episode one.

Spartacus: Blood & Sand: Easily the best and most underrated show of 2010. Great fights, greater characters, and some of the greatest Roman backstabbing and palace intrigue. Make sure you watch to at least episode 5.

True Blood: A pretty decent serial drama. It takes a while to get going and the second season is better (though it drags in places as well). It's not quite in league with the stuff you mentioned but it's several grades above the typical dreck on television and worth watching.

Honorable Mentions: Sleeper Cell, The Riches, The Tudors, Prison Break, Friday Night Lights, Big Love, and Damages.

Other good stuff you've probably already seen: Lost, 24, The Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica, The West Wing.

From the "lighter" comedy-drama serial category you should check out Weeds, Entourage, How to make it in America, and Californication. They're all 30 minutes long as opposed to the usual hour so they go REALLY quick but they still suck you into their stories so they're great for multiple episode binges.

Should be something there you can get into.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 26, 2010

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
The Wire is one of my absolute favorite shows, but it originally took me three different tries before I was able to get into it. And even then I basically put it on as background noise while I did other things. That went on up until somewhere towards the end of season 1 when Greggs get's shot at which point I was completely hooked and gave it my full attention.

Later when I re-watched it, it was even better because I actually paid full attention from the beginning. In fact The Wire is the only show I can think of that is so dense and complex that it's actually better the second time you watch it. You know all the characters already and can appreciate all the early banter that you kind of tuned out your first time through.

A lot people have trouble with season 2 because of the change in focus (personally I love season 2 and think Frank was just an incredible character). So try to make it to season 3 when things go back to the characters from season 1. It's also my favorite season of the show.

The Wire is definitely worth the effort. I don't think I've ever heard a single Wire fan say that it clicked with them right off the bat. The time it takes to get into is different for everyone. Just keep chugging along and eventually it will stick and when that happens... Gooble gobble! Gooble gobble! We accept you! We accept you! One of us! One of us!

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 28, 2011

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I had the exact same problem. The mythology stuff was interesting but the monster-of-the-week episodes put me to sleep. It was like they were trying to be X-Files and failing. It does get better eventually. You'll have to slog through the first half of season 2 before it does though. I actually used the episode reviews on TV.com to skip a few of the really terrible ones. There was one religious ghost story episode that wasn't even supposed to be there and had been filmed early in season 1 as evidenced by the inclusion of a character that was already dead, so I skipped that and a few others that had no relation to the over arching plot. A little over halfway through season 2 you'll start getting a lot more mythology episodes and a new perspective that will make things a lot more interesting. Season 3 is pretty much a breeze and does a good job of keeping everything fresh making even the few monster-of-the-week episodes interesting enough.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 21, 2011

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

The Gunslinger posted:

I've been going through old shows lately and just finished rewatching Harper's Island. Don't get me wrong, it has it's flaws but the murder mystery angle isn't well represented on TV today and it's a shame there isn't more of a market for it. I think if they had dialed down the body count a bit and focused more on the mystery it could have been something great. I remember reading an interview where they wanted to reset it every year with a new cast in a new location, that would have been badass and a sure way to keep long term show costs down, I'm surprised the network didn't go for it.

I haven't watched Harper's Island since it first aired. I've been watching The Killing lately, though, and along with a lot of other goons I've been disappointed with it overall given how hyped it was. Even though they're different types of murder mysteries I was thinking about giving Harper's Island a re-marathon since I actually remember liking it more than I'm liking The Killing.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
On that note what's the goon opinion on how Journeyman compares to Day Break?

I loved Day Break like everyone else and it's only right that it get's mentioned a lot. On the other hand, I watched the first episode of Journeyman and just wasn't drawn into it. And that seems to coincide with how it, comparatively, doesn't get mentioned all that much.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Regarding favorite Dexter seasons, I absolutely loved the No Way Out/Out of Time aspect of the hunt for The Bay Harbor Butcher in season 2. Just really great edge-of-your-seat tension and drama. It's probably my favorite season or close to it, behind the Trinity season.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 18, 2011

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Yeah, I absolutely loving hate Will Ferrell and find him to be one of the most unfunny people on the planet. But Eastbound and Down is pretty great. The first episode of the first season has to be one of the greatest things to ever grace TV. I almost hacked up a lung I was laughing so hard. It made me go out and search for everything Danny McBride has been in.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I just finished binging "The Firm" 2012 over a few days and found it to be some of the most gripping, entertaining TV I have seen in a long time. Not one episode failed to keep me glued to my seat. I found the conspiracy storyline and the cases of the week to be engaging and enjoyable.

And then I read that it had been critically panned and cancelled. Could someone explain to me why I am wrong and this show sucked? If you haven't watched it, it's on Hulu and I highly suggest any binging types give it a shot.

I only watched the first few minutes of the first episode but if I remember correctly it featured Josh Lucas being chased through the city in a suit with his briefcase in a scene obviously meant to be reminiscent of the extended chase in the movie. At one point he calls his wife, and says something like "Abbey, it's happening again!"

Then I turned it off. Like I said I only saw the first few minutes but it just seemed like it was trying way too hard and subsequently it came off a bit cheesy. Combined with the horrible reviews I'd heard it was getting I just figured there were better things I could be watching.

However, I'm always up for a good serial drama/thriller and would be interested in giving it another look if you could expound a bit on what was good about it, and why you like it so much. You mentioned cases of the week, is it heavily episodic or pretty serial?

e: To add to the thread, I recently caught up on the last half of the first season of Wilfred that I'd missed. It was pretty good for what it was; light comedy and what not. I also marathoned the first 4 or so episodes of Continuum and was surprised how much I liked it.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 4, 2012

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Having nothing else to watch I recently marathoned Once Upon a Time and Scandal.

I was surprised at how good Scandal ended up being. I originally watched the first episode and dropped it because it seemed like one of this run of the mill legal drama's with the lead character always giving people orders to rush around and do important poo poo. I think my favorite type of these shows was The Practice during the mid 2000's. It had some really good characters, monologues, and story arcs. But I never got into Boston Legal and I just haven't felt like watching anything like that since except for The Good Wife, which I do watch. Anyway, long story long, I ended up giving Scandal another try and it actually gets better, not as a legal drama, but because it gets darker and it's as much of a legal drama as I thought it was going to be. And Kerry Washington is very good (and not at all hard to look at). 7.5

Once Upon a Time was a fairly decent. I'd also previously given up on it after the first episode but then I read somewhere that it was pretty serialized and I love serial shows so I gave it another shot and ended up sticking with it. The real stand out of the show is of course Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin who just makes everyone else look like amateurs. Also the despite the terrible green screen the fantasy parts tend to be more interesting than the real world ones. I think that's mostly because there ends up being more action and adventure in the fantasy part, whereas in the real people tend to stand around talk more, and there's some grating love triangle poo poo as well. Episode quality varies. Some are fairly boring but the really good ones, such as the ones that focus on Rumpelstiltskin's back story are pretty excellent. 7

e: based on Rogue1-and-a-half's reviews I think I'll give Dead Zone a shot.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 7, 2012

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

shagster104 posted:

Anybody have any thoughts on the black donnelys? It was on NBC back in 2007, and it seems interesting enough.

I came across it on Netflix a few months back and marathoned it. It was actually very good. Jonathan Tucker does a great job as does Olivia Wilde. It's actually a little darker than I thought it would be, which I enjoyed, but it also has some occasional comic relief in the form of the narrator which was fairly well done as well. It's only one season though, and it ends on a cliffhanger so be prepared for that. Still, I would definitely recommend it if you're a fan of serial drama mob shows.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Mar 5, 2013

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
It took me three tries to get into The Wire and the only reason it worked on the third try was because I litterally left the episodes on as background noise while I surfed the net and did other things. It wasn't until episode ten of the first season that I suddenly sat up and took notice (for obvious reasons). Your first watch through of the wire doesn't matter anyway, especially when it comes to the first season. Most of dialogue goes right over your head and you don't know enough about any of the characters to appreciate the nuance in the performances. The Wire is unique in that the second time you go through it it's actually even better because you know who everyone is and what their motivations are and you can sit back and marvel at all the amazing things you missed the first time around.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 16, 2013

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Boomtown is pretty good, although I would say it's more like Southland than Justified. Also if I remember correctly, after the first season there were some huge changes to the cast, writing, and production because it felt like a different not as good show. But the first season is definitely worth a watch. Donnie Wahlberg, Mykelti Williamson, and Neal McDonough all do tremendous jobs. It also has a great intro.

Came across the first episode on Youtube here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaA9kPfaizM

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 24, 2013

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Yeah, don't skip anything in The Shield that's just insane. Every bit of it is important. Just be ready to FF/Mute that terrible "Just another Day" music screaming. I hated that every single time.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Recently went through my usual round of serial drama re-watches: The Wire, Deadwood, Carnivale, The Sopranos, Sleeper Cell and a few others. Thinking of maybe doing BSG or Lost, haven't done either since they both ended.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

sticklefifer posted:

If you do a BSG rewatch, I recommend tracking down all the extended episodes (mostly in seasons 3-4), and watch Razor after Season 2, episode 17 instead of between seasons 3 and 4 where it originally aired. Also watch the two webseries (not including Razor Flashbacks since those were in the extended version of Razor) even though the first one is mobile-quality only since that's back when everyone was doing "mobisodes".

If you do a Lost rewatch, I recommend checking out the chronological edit for a new way to watch it. It's weird seeing characters just introduced out of nowhere because they're skipping around, and then suddenly a lot of the earlier TV episodes make more sense in context.

THanks for the ideas. I'm leaning towards BSG, also looking at Fargo S1, or maybe even Terriers. I feel like if I did Lost I'd want to skip a lot of the character centric flashbacks, which in hindsight I'm not sure how I felt about. The character stuff was good, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it tended to meander a bit.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Funny that you mention the black market episode, I was planning on skipping that and the murderous doctor episodes and a few of the other one off episodes that were irritating the first time around. When I first started doing binge rewatches of shows I would just sit through all the boring poo poo, nowadays I've been through stuff like the The Wire 3 or 4 times now, so I just skip all the annoying newspaper poo poo in season 5, that stuff drags so much for me I can't stand it, I just want to get to the good scenes like where McNulty get's profiled by the FBI and the stuff with the cops, criminals, or politicians. Same goes for skipping Kim and the cougar in S2 of 24.

You're in for a real treat with Fargo S1. It's absolutely fantastic television. You're really gonna be blown away by the end. It's probably one of the best seasons of television I've ever seen. Unfortunately I'm a few episodes into S2 and I'm not feeling it as much, but it may pick up later.

I was also toying with the idea of doing a rewatch of Breaking Bad or Spartacus too, but that feel good buzz from how good they were the first time around hasn't worn off yet so there's no reason to press it.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 16, 2015

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Prison Break is a guilty pleasure for me. I agree Wentworth Miller has limited range, but I like the one character that he does quite a bit, not to compare him to a greater actor, but it's kind of like De Niro, who does one character (threatening mob type guy) but does it really well.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Check out Marco Polo and The Tudors if you haven't already. They both have their faults, especially The Tudors which a lot of people couldn't get into, but I liked them both. The Tudors eventually get's going and has a really cathartic ending.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Hey, richardfun, I still remember when we turned you onto it in the original Spartacus thread. Good times!

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Yeah oenomaus' wife was Melitta. Reminds me, they found some seriously hot actress for that show. Every season the slave girls were hotter than the last. I practically fell in real life love with Kore, those freakin doe eyes, man.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Wafflecopper posted:

:frogout:

season 2 is loving fantastic
Haha, actually, I just marathoned eps 3-6 and now I'm feeling it a lot more. I still don't feel it has as many stand out performances like Billy Bob Thorton (with the possible exception of Bokeem Woodbine obviously, I hope he sticks around), but I'm liking it a ton more now that I've gotten into it.

bowmore posted:

three episodes into 12 Monkeys and it's still meh

stick or ditch?

It's an OK show, but it doesn't really get any better. It was a pretty mediocre watch all told in my opinion. Unless you're like me and have watch literally every decent drama in existence there are probably better uses of your time. Go watch anything that's been mentioned recently if you haven't already; Marco Polo, Narcs, etc. I recently caught up with The Last Kingdom, which initially flew under my radar, and is great if you liked Vikings. And of course get ready for full seasons of Jessica Jones and Man in a High Castle to drop at 12am PST tonight.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
So I just finished a Battlestar Galactica rewatch like I said I might do up thread.

I liked it, a very cathartic ending show. The last scene with Gaius and Six where he says "I know about farming" and then starts crying, really hits hard.

I also forgot how funny the ending was for the character Cavil, where, when all hell breaks loose, he just says "Frak!" and eats his gun, lol, seemed like it was out of nowhere.

Anyway, highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it for some strange reason.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Dec 28, 2015

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Somebody recommend me something to marathon.

I just finished 24 and Justified. I'm thinking of stuff that I liked in the past and it's been long enough since I've seen it that I can watch it again and enjoy it. I can't do Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Shield, Deadwood, Carnivale, Spartacus, BSG, or Sleeper Cell, as I've seen those too recently. Off the top of my head, I'm suddenly thinking maybe Misfits, Survivors, Orphan Black, Utopia, or Penny Dreadful (never got through the first season).

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

WarLocke posted:

I do not see Banshee or Black Sails in that list.

My bad they should be on there. I'm all caught up with them. Good suggestions, though, thanks.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Ha, yeah, I watched two seasons of Person of Interest, but ended up letting it go, it came off as too episodic/procedural for me.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
For anyone who's run out of stuff to watch and desperately looking for some new ideas I just stumbled back across a bunch of 1-2 season shows that aren't on a lot of peoples radar because most of them didn't last more than a season or two. For example there was a period of Lost clones that came out around the mid to late 2000's. Invasion, Threshold, The Event, and Jericho were among the best of the lot. Keep in mind some of them have cliffhangers since they only last 1 or so seasons. But they're decent enough for someone who's watched everything and is digging deep to find something new.

Also from around that time was a little sorta-gem called Defying Gravity which was refered to as Grey's Anatomy in Space, back when Grey's Anatomy was actually a half-way decent show. I was a bit surprised how much I enjoyed it.

The Black Donnellys was actually a pretty decent irish gangster drama.

Boomtown(mostly just season 1) and it's kind of spiritual successor Southland (5 seasons) are both quite good cop dramas.

And finally The Riches, which is criminally unknown and probably in my top 10 favorite tv shows of all time.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 28, 2016

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

showbiz_liz posted:

The Riches is awesome. Given the way the first season ended, and the way the second and last season got hosed up by the writer's strike, I like to recommend it as an excellent one-season miniseries with a kind of optional second half-season. But if anyone wants to see Eddie Izzard Izzarding it up, The Riches is for you.

It really is one the best things I've seen on tv. Eddie Izzard was born for the role, and he looks like he's loving every minute of it.

For me personally The Riches along with Carnivale and Sleeper Cell are some of the most underrated tv gems. I recommend them to people every chance I get.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
A couple other good 1-seasoners I forgot to mention were Kidnapped which was essentially a long form version of the movie Ransom, The Kill Point, where John Leguizamo & his Iraq War buddies rob a bank, and My Own Worst Enemy which had Christian Slater as a split personality-having secret agent.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I remember enjoying Kidnapped when it was aired on terrestrial TV in the UK (I'm going to say Channel 4 had it) and was disappointed to hear it wasn't coming back. I recall that a somewhat similar series airing at the same time called Vanished (I think it was Channel 5; one of them had Kidnapper while the other had Vanished), which also ended after one season without its mystery resolved. Around the time it ended, there was some discussion about how its mystery could be resolved in the next season of Bones, of all places, but that never happened.

Oh yeah, I remember Vanished, but I didn't like it nearly as much as Kidnapped. Also you're right Vanished ended with a cliffhanger I think, while Kidnapped's main plot was nicely wrapped up by the last episode. I never knew about the Bones crossover, that's interesting.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
The real question is how is Powers, I watched some of that and it was pretty crazy. Eddie Izzard plays villain named Wolf who's power is apparently being a human blender. I couldn't tell if the show was good or terrible, but it felt like the latter.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I don't think I was ever super hot on Daredevil with the exception of the Punisher stuff from season 2. It's certainly not perfect, but it's easily the best comic book to tv adaption ever. I would say definitely keep going unless you just have no interest at all.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Finished off the most recent season of Silicon Valley. Then rewatched FlashForward. And I did it all...

WHILE I WAS LOADED, OK?!

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 6, 2016

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
I liked season 2 of The Wire a lot more the second+ time around. I think people don't give it a chance because they want to get back to Avon and Stringer.

Season 3 is still my favorite though. That scene where Johnny Weeks get's out of the police van in Hamsterdam and stares around in awe, then Santangelo says to him, "I hear that WMD is the bomb", had me rolling forever.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Recently binged...

The Expanse s2 - Solid Sci-Fi Show. More cohesive than the first season. It's a complex show, better off binging both seasons together.

Black Sails s4 - Absolutely fantastic final season to the show. Everything wraps up really well. Great ending.

Vikings s4 - Takes a while to get going, but the new cast additions have some real standouts. I wasn't sure I'd be interested in watching season 5 but I probably will.

Stuff I'm thinking of binging next...any preferences for which one I should go for?

Travelers
Imposters
Santa Clarita Diet
Turn
Taboo
Incorporated
Last Man on Earth s2-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Recently back from vacation, binged...

Ozark - starts out as an interesting Breaking Bad clone with Jason Bateman doing a really great job in the role. Towards the end it started to feel a tiny bit monotonous, but overall definitely worth a watch.

Penny Dreadful - drat, this was a really great show, and it's sad more people didn't watch it. It reminds me a bit of Carnivale. Eva Green absolutely kills it in every scene and the best episodes in the entire show are literally the ones where it's just a flashback story about her past that focuses on her, without the most of the other characters even being seen.