Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Greyish Orange posted:

I just finished Six Feet Under. Gave up once or twice, but only for a week or so, it just kept drawing me in.

Is there a thread around for it? I can't find one, and I feel like I need to drown my sorrows :( Such a great ending.

That show was amazing and depressing as gently caress sometimes. I started watching it on a Thursday night and was done with it Saturday night I believe (it's been a few years since I watched it, but I powered through it and loved it).

Thanks to the new goon thread that has basically every show listed, I saw some I never heard of and picked those up. So far I've finished Happy Endings which was surprisingly good. Almost done with Misfits - 5 or 6 episodes left in season 3 and also really good and the kind of dark humor I like. Going through Coupling which, despite the laugh track, is pretty hilarious.

Once these are done, I will be starting Nikita and be looking for more shows after that to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Binged through Fringe over the past week and it was pretty great overall. Anything similar? Everyone had great chemistry and Walter was just awesome the whole time.

Just started Luther today and halfway through season 2 and it is also great. Idris ftw.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I've binged quite a few shows over the past month or so:

The Shield
Southland
Boardwalk Empire
Happy Endings
Fringe

I wouldn't mind finding more shows similar to any of the above. I've seen The Wire but can't think of any more cop/detective shows.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

drat how'd I forget to mention watching Homeland? :(

I've tried watching Justified like 3 times now but can never make it past a few episodes.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I think only the "head" person on the prime sharing group gets video privileges.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

I guess I'll stick with the shield until Ep 10, I'm still on the fence so far, the lovely techno/metal end credits are annoying me more than they should.

If you don't like it from episode 1, I don't think you'll like the rest of the (loving awesome) show.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Oh man. Black Mirror is one of my favorite shows and wish they made more per season.

I never gave Arrow a chance initially but caught up on all the episodes recently and I am glad I did. I figured it would be more like Smallville but it's so much better than I expected.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Can anyone think of anything else I should try? Hated Mad Men after the first two episodes, couldn't get into Girls, and gave up on The Office, 30 Rock, Scrubs, 24, and Walking Dead (after its short first season) and have no desire to revisit or complete them.

Definitely start Boardwalk Empire when you can, it's a great show.

Since you like HE, check out New Girl.

I'd also recommend:

The League
Southland
Workaholics
Arrow
Vampire Diaries (you'd be surprised)
Wilfred (UK or US, both are good)
Modern Family
Shameless (US, haven't watched UK version yet)

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Jack's Flow posted:

Thanks a lot for this. Never heard of the show before.

Also, my attempt to binge through 24 came up way short. I loved season 1, but after five episodes of Jack's daughter pissing me off in season 2 I stopped watching. I absolutely cannot stand that woman.

I tried watching 24 once and binged up to the point where his wife conveniently gets amnesia and immediately stopped watching.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I, too, have been burning through a lot of Gordon Ramsay's material. I thoroughly enjoyed Kitchen Nightmares (UK) and am currently going through Hell's Kitchen (US) and just finished season 4 tonight.

Are there any other television shows or movies similar the the UK version? Doesn't necessarily have to be Ramsay, but definitely looking for more cooking style reality or documentary stuff.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Crunkjuice posted:

Whats the opinion of Prison Break?

IIRC just watch season 1 and pretend the other seasons do not exist.

I watched all of it though, because I watched it as it aired and wasn't aware how bad it would become.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I've been going through Vikings (The Vikings?) and enjoying it so far. Finished season 1 in a few days and now starting on season 2. :black101:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

It's not a light-hearted show, but Luther is a pretty great show on Netflix.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Currently going through The Killing, and it's definitely a hidden gem that's on Netflix.

Halfway through season 2 and it just keeps piling on :allears:

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I'm struggling to finish season 1 of Hannibal. The show started out great, then went downhill with Will becoming deranged.. Can I skip to S2 and maybe read a summary, or is it worth watching?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Deranged, you say?

uh, spoilers :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Lamont posted:

Apologies if there's a general animation thread that I missed, but can anyone recommend some good cartoon series? Googling for "what 80s/90s cartoons were actually good"just brings up stupid buzzfeed lists of "omg remember these 15 cartoons from ur childhood"

Bravest Warriors on YouTube. Rick and Morty.