Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well, due to many a goon recommendation here and there, and despite my distaste towards Andy Dick, I picked up NewsRadio, the whole goddamn thing, at Best Buy for $50. And now, about 4 episodes into season four, I don't ever want it to end. I'm absolutely dreading season five, because Phil Hartman is the heart and soul of that show, and I'm gonna end up bawling like a baby at the first episode without him. Aside from that, it's probably one of my top five TV shows, along with AD, HYMIM, House, and Big Bang Theory. I have a soft spot for laugh track sitcoms, and this is definitely one of the best.

I'm hoping that I might get to Sports Night soon, if I can find it again. Also, when I'm done with NewsRadio, because of my exercise schedule being solely based on watching two episodes of *Thirty Minute Show*, I'm going to end up going through Arrested Development for a third time. That show is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've finally started watching Freaks and Geeks. It's amazing. Easily one of my top five favorite shows. I can see how Judd Apatow became a film director, each episode feels so cinematic, and could stand on its own fairly well. Plus, I've seen so many changes to the characters over even just the 11 episodes I've seen so far, and they're written believably. It's really a triumph of everyone involved. I kinda don't want it to end.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dirigible stew posted:

The one thing that bothered me about the show was that Sam looked like he should have been in 6th grade instead of a freshman. Neil as well but he also wasn't as annoying as Sam.

That would bother me more if there weren't freshman boys I went to school with just this year that didn't look as young as him. There really is alot of aging in those 4 years. It's really one of the more accurate depictions of high school, despite taking place in 1980. I know so many people like them, and I certainly identified with almost all of the characters at some point.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've been watching the first season of The Office (US), and I'm kinda confused as to why so many people didn't like it at the beginning. I've never seen the UK version (though, I might once it starts airing on Adult Swim), but the show seems to be much funnier than some of the later episodes that I've seen. Maybe it's just that I really like lots of horrible characters doing horrible things to each other. I mean, I like AD, Newsradio, and 30 Rock, not to mention Always Sunny. That may just be my "thing".

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Purchased the first 4 seasons of The Office on Black Friday, and about halfway through Season 2, it's really awesome. Not quite as good as Arrested Development, which is the measuring stick for sitcoms/comedies as far as I'm concerned, but it's definitely on par with HIMYM and 30 Rock, which means it's awesome.

Man, NBC Thursday nights are gonna rock once I catch up with Office.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Adrianics posted:

I just watched this episode yesterday, and it was absolutely amazing. I laughed so hard that I got a stomach cramp and very nearly vomited. Love this show.

I actually felt really bad for Charlie after watching that episode. It really got across the point that, if he weren't dumb and friends with the rest of the gang, Charlie would be a good person. (the TV show would suffer tremendously, so thank god he's dumb and has awful people as friends)

Also, I'm watching some of the later Michael J. Fox episodes of Spin City, and it's seriously depressing, because it's pretty clear that the Parkinson's is really serious, and effecting his work. Which is too bad, because Spin City is right up there with NewsRadio as one of the best '90s sitcoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All caught up on Bored to Death, it's really great. I've always had a soft spot for Ted Danson, and I'm a huge Zach Galifianakis and Jason Schwartzman fan, and the premise is really great. Watching Jonathan's change from lame writer guy to awesome semi-private detective is fun.