Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
I've been going through The Shield lately. At first I was hesitant, but I definitely got into it half way through the first season. This poo poo is epic from beginning to end, and I'm only in the 5th season. Shane's been getting on my last nerve for the 3rd and 4th seasons, but I realized I can't do poo poo about it so I just deal with it.

In watch it, it seems like Southland is more and more like The Shield. Which really makes sense now that I look at it, being that Shawn Ryan is involved with both.

And the ends always justify the means. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

Ratatozsk posted:

Man, I wish I could watch your brain as you go through the last 2 1/2 seasons.

You weren't even joking. Holy gently caress.

After finally finishing the series... I just don't know what to think... I'm really just... ugh...

Mughe fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 11, 2010

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I just went through the whole entire Rescue Me series up until now. I thought the show was going to be awful from the commercials (oh great, another drama but about fighting fires instead of criminals) but this show is hilarious. Honestly, some of it felt like it was dragging, but all in all it was right up my alley. A bunch of people being assholes while still shooting the poo poo and doing their day job? Awesome.

And I just found out that Nip/Tuck is on netflix instant (finally), so that's what I'll be doing for the next few weeks.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

RoryGilmore posted:

Why would you voluntarily do this to yourself? The first season is pretty great but after that it just turns into a parody of itself multiple times over, increasing as the series progresses, until you are the parody for watching it.

That's what I've been hearing... I needed a new series and I had to prove to myself that it was seriously that bad.

3rd episode in and it's not too bad so far. We'll see by season 4.

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

Watching Nip/Tuck. The first season was pretty good, but I'm on to season 3 right now and this seriously makes no sense what so ever. There really is no continuity between the episodes. They end one episode on one plot line, and then bring in another from left field for the next episode. But no, it's not just a filler episode, but something completely different that they run with. Every. Single. Time. Even the plot lines are ridiculous. Does it ever get better (again)?

It's getting to me but I still watch it. I just hate myself for it. Maybe I'll spend my time on Rocko's Modern Life or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I powered through all the seasons of Psych and I've pretty much caught up. The sarcastic humor was fantastic, and I can't really knock the show anymore. Going into it, I thought it was a pretty tacky concept to have a "psychic" detective, and I was pretty tired of the typical cop dramas but I pegged the show completely wrong. Looking forward to more of the show, especially now that the Yin stuff is done. And I find myself saying "What?" way too much.

I also went through Human Target, powering through the first and as much of the second season as there is. I'd definitely like to say that the music from the first season is some of the best I've heard in any TV show to date. The opening theme was fantastic, any musical interludes were great and really fit with the show. It honestly felt like an action movie every time I watched a show.

With that said, the second season is not even close to what it used to be. Music is pretty awful, some of the plots are pretty wacky (and not in the good way), and while the characters are pretty much the same with a few additions something seems off. Don't get me wrong, the action is still great, and Mark, Jackie and Chi are great, it just seems... different. I figured that to get picked up for a second season, there had to be drastic changes, such as an addition of a female lead and needing to cater to a younger crowd via music and pop culture... but come on. Music choices now are just plain bad. I'll gladly watch a show based on its soundtrack, but I guess that's not typical to the usual watchers.

I'll still watch it though, I enjoy the show none the less. I'm on to White Collar now, haven't officially started watching the show yet though.