Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Oh god, I accidentally got addicted to Law and Order SVU and binged my way through 7 seasons in like three weeks :shepicide: now I’m all hosed up and I hear the :doink: noise in my sleep. Also Barba owns.

Now I’m watching Mindhunter which I’m really enjoying. It’s one of those shows where an episode just flies by and the hour’s over before I know it.

After that I swear I will finally get around to watching Schitts Creek like I’ve been meaning to forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

One example of this that I thought of while reading this was an episode of the old British cop serial The Bill where one of the officers accidentally triggered a massive explosion at the police station while a going-away party was happening for one staff member who was transferring, and about 7 main characters were killed in a matter of seconds with at least 2 more dying in the hospital 2 episodes later.

Holy poo poo I forgot about that. In addition to the explosion and transfers I think a few characters also committed suicide in that same season as well, it was like a hosed up mass exodus. That was right around when I started watching it too :pwn:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I finished Mindhunter and now want more Mindhunter but it looks like it’s indefinitely on hold :(

Started watching Hollywood on Netflix which is extremely ridiculous but I am here for it :colbert:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Binging through The Sinner on Netflix and am really enjoying it. Detective Ambrose is great. My friend used to play that Big Black Delta song all the time and I'm never going to hear it again without remembering Cora suddenly stabbing the gently caress out of that dude on the beach to it, hahaha.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

We're about halfway through season 1 of The Magicians now and it sucks noticeably less. Still not fully convinced by it, but it's definitely improved.

I’m where you are in the show as well and it definitely feels like it’s slowly getting better. I basically had to force myself to watch the first few episodes, didn’t like any of the characters, and couldn’t get into it. That’s changing though! I’ve finally started to not hate Quentin and I’m going to stick with it this time! Hopefully! :unsmith:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Binged through Derry Girls in one sitting with my spouse and we absolutely loved it. Everyone just nails the acting and I don't think I've genuinely enjoyed a comedy show as much as this in a long time. I hope we eventually get another season, it looks like it got delayed due to COVID.

The downside though is that it reminded me of the existence of Take That and now Pray has been stuck in my head since then :mad:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I stopped watching Supernatural in like 2013 and since it ended recently I decided to binge through the 7 or so seasons since then. I actually enjoyed it way more than I was expecting:

It was nice to see some old characters again! I was especially happy to see more Gabriel and find out more poo poo that happened with him and Loki. The way he died felt a little more meaningful than his fake death in the hotel (the elysium, I think?). He was my favorite character so it was nice to see him again, even if it was brief.

Some great episodes! The Scooby Doo one was SO GOOD. I also enjoyed the episode where Chuck relegated Sam and Dean to side characters so they had like several years of Normal People Problems happen to them at once :lol:. "Have we ever been able to pick locks?!?"

I ended up liking Jack way more than I thought I would. I thought he was a little boring at first but he really grew on me, I liked his whole cheerful attempting to hunt with Sam and Dean thing and I especially liked the moments where he tried to pass as a FBI agent with them :haw:. I also really liked the actor as the demon Belphagar (sp?). That was fantastic.

Cas dying really hosed me up but it seems like eventually Jack rescued him from The Empty and brought him to heaven (or possibly got rid of The Empty all together? It seems like something he would do). Mischa Collins loving nailed that scene, he was amazing.

Finally, one of things I hated the most though was that loving terrible cover of Carry on My Wayward Son at the very end. I hated it so much that it took me out of the show and the whole time I was thinking about how if Dean could hear what we could then he'd be really pissed off. Like holy poo poo, it was the worst.

Anyway now I feel kind of weird that it isn't on anymore, it's just kind of been there for so long and now it isn't. Glad they finally ended it though, haha.

savesthedayrocks posted:

Finished Halt and Catch Fire last night. I had to take a break mid way through the last season. I don’t remember caring for made up people since The Wire. Great recommendation!

I should start watching this soon like I've been meaning to, I need some more made-up people to care way too much about now. :buddy:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Just finished the season 1 finale of The Magicians and :stonk:

Oh god I just finished it too, what the hell :gonk:

I love this show now, it’s weird as gently caress and has me going between being horrified to amused then right back to horrified again

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I’ve been watching Manhunt: Unabomber on Netflix and I’ve been really enjoying it. Paul Bettany is amazing as Ted Kaczynski, like I wouldn’t have even realized it was him had I not known otherwise. Mark Duplass as his brother is great too. Definitely scratching my crime dramatization itch

Also I’ve somehow gotten into The Good Fight besides the Paramount+ app constantly loving up and making me restart it every episode :mad:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

Apple+ is killing it with their original content tbh

gently caress! Time to get another streaming service :negative:. I've been hearing so many good things about Mythic Quest and Ted Lasso and I'm not sure I can hold back my curiosity any longer

edit: i caved and subscribed, oh well :shepface:

HOLY FUCK fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 30, 2021

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

After listening to the Dr. Death podcast I'm watching the Dr. Death tv series on Peacock and it's loving great. Highly recommend.

I enjoyed the hell out of the show, great cast, great everything. I think that was the first Peacock “original” I’ve seen and it didn’t disappoint

the bone chipping noises while he’s loving up his patients spines will stay with me forever :gonk:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I'm binging through Evil right now and it's so much fun. I'm only a bit into episode three so far and the team dealing with what is possibly a possessed digital assistant device torturing an rear end in a top hat boss is great. I really like the characters too and am enjoying watching them get to know each other :unsmith:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Started up 'Our Flag Means Death'. It's pretty great so far. Much funnier than I expected it to be. Rhys Darby is just naturally funny.

And it reminds me that I need to check out 'What We Do In The Shadows'.

You absolutely do, I love WWDITS and am super excited for you now :dance:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Upgrade posted:

Every few years I rewatch Hannibal and am blown away. What an amazing series and how in the gently caress was this ever allowed on network TV. People rave about cinematography for boring HBO shows, but has there been a better shot network TV show than Hannibal?

I started another rewatch recently and I’m similarly affected by how great it still is. One of the very few shows that I’ve bought a physical copy of and actually watch regularly! The season 2 finale emotionally wrecks me every time, even after so long. :negative:

I binged my way through Our Flag Means Death and I love it. I knew I was probably going to like it, but I didn’t think I was going to like it this much. It’s just really delightful and unexpectedly sweet in places and I immediately restarted it and am watching it again. I’m glad for all the recommendations in the tv threads, I might not have even come across it otherwise.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Meatgrinder posted:

I'm an absolute fanboy for Waititi but I'd been putting off watching this because of the pirate theme. Just got 3 episodes in and it is really good. I'm especially fan of the casting, even down to the 'smaller' parts - stand-up comedians, veterans in the business of all sorts, and a bit of a surprise here and there... It really adds and edge to it. A joy to watch.

Same, that’s why I didn’t watch it right away either. At first I thought it was just going to be a comedy pirate show which is fine and would be enjoyable enough but it’s much more than that. Even the minor characters are interesting which is something I don’t see super often.

Also I am excited for you to see more of it, it gets even better :3:

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

I’ve heard a few times now that they’re not going to announce any renewals until May 18th possibly due to merger poo poo but who knows how true that is. I think it was from a shareholder email maybe?

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Workaholics is a lot of fun, it’s one of my favorite background shows!

I finally got around to watching Black Sails after suddenly realizing that I actually do have access to stuff from Starz. Good so far! It’s helping me get my pirate fix 🏴‍☠️

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

Chris Pratt peaked with Parks and Rec.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Oh hell yeah! I need to go back and watch Vice Principals, I don’t think I ever finished it but it was fun as hell

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

agreed on Plebs, i only watched it for Joel Fry and even then couldn’t get through it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

They had to make a lot of the sex scenes in Hannibal super weird snd artsy to get away with them too like the kaleidoscopic lesbian sex scene and the five way with the human-shaped raven stag whose name i suddenly can’t remember