Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
loved both seasons of the oa, was initially not a fan of the endings of either season but given a little time to reflect i actually really like both endings. somehow brit martling found a way for each ending to be so utterly strange and out of left field that it pisses the viewer off at first but ultimately makes sense. just the idea she's working with looks like pure insanity to what we currently know of the world that it seems like if she made the stranger parts of her reality look like a glossy cgi superhero movie it would be easier to initially accept but ultimately would betray what she's trying to say. i think that's the best i can sum up my opinions without spoiling anything.

also i do not know if there is another show that more embodies the idea of "you either hate it or you love it" as much as this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Meatgrinder posted:

Caught up with the second season of Atlanta, which had somehow slipped under my radar a year ago. Much like the first season, it is unlike anything I have seen before, and about something I've never seen anything about. On top of the very well written and portrayed struggle-of-life story, this season also had some of Donald Glover's weird multilayered creative escapades, which I find incredibly impressive. I hope this man keeps doing what he's doing for a very long time.

such an amazing show imo

i remember watching the teddy perkins episode and just being :stare: the entire time