Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Good shows that don't get recommended too often

Just not very well known
-You're the Worst
-Blue Mountain State

Nobody watches shows on MTV
-Awkward
-Faking It

British
-Him and Her
-The Job Lot
-Hustle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I watched ABC Family's show Stichers and don't really have a lot to say about it. It certainly is not a great show but I was interested enough in its premise that I finished all 10 episodes in 2 sittings and will probably watch season 2. It also has Warehouse 13's Allison Scagliotti who really deserves to be in more shows.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Onigami Nanashi posted:

I'm making my way through Leverage one last time before Netflix pulls it on November 2. I love this show so goddamn much, I feel like Netflix is ripping away my comfort blanket and I'm cranky about it like a whiny baby afraid of the dark.
If you can find it you should watch the British show Hustle. It's has a very similar premise but I preferred it over Leverage for 2 main reasons.

The characters of Hustle are all just conmen, they don't have any borderline superpowers like the leverage crew. Their hacking ability is basically limited to creating fake company websites. In one episode part of their plan required lockpicking something quickly, so they found an identical model lock and had one character practice doing it the entire episode while the rest of the team set everything else up.
The second part is the motto of the characters and probably the show "You can't con an honest man". The con in Hustle always relied on the greed, pride, envy or whatever other character flaw drew the Hustle team's attention to them in the first place. There were episodes of Leverage where the team straight up framed the bad guys for crimes they didn't commit.

For content, I'm about to start binging through the British show Hustle again.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

I just watched A to Z and enjoyed it a lot, are there any other shows where the leads get together right away and has the focus of the show on an actual relationship rather than just will they/won't they? You're the Worst is an example, but looking for something more upbeat like A to Z.