Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
and if you didn't know.... NOW YOU KNOW - Christian Cage

JustV posted:

Let's see:

Firefly
Babylon 5 (I've only seen the first season, which sucked, but everyone else around here swears it gets better in Season Two)
Dr. Who
Sliders (Just the first two seasons)
Farscape (Though I'm not sure how to get a copy, short of :filez:)
Futurama
The X-Files
The Twilight Zone (There's a marathon running right now)

If you're looking for something close to BSG, go with Firefly or Babylon 5.

Farscape is readily available in Australia over at Ezydvd. I'm sure you'll be able to find a copy where ever you/he live/s. Ezydvd does ship overseas if worse comes to worse.

I have been attempting to watch Babylon 5, but I only purchased Season 1 and so far have been unable to get past the second dvd. I guess it's just not my bag, which is a shame as I love most SciFis that other fans seem to love along side it.

I would attempt to get Farscape if i was in your shoes, as good as Firefly is. It doesn't have an end, and it leaves you wanting. Don't punish yourself with a series that sets up a few story lines you will be looking forward to, and then ends out of the blue. Farscape while not as down to earth as Firefly, is a great watch that is worth checking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
Just started binging through Jekyll! I'm half way done already (3 out of the 6 episodes). My friend also came over with Battle Star Galactica saying I had to watch it. I wasn't too sure, but I did and now I can't stop. Looking forward to watching more of it tomorrow night.

I watched my first episode of Entourage two weeks ago, now I have watched up to episode 3 of Season 6. I can't stop watching this show, it is amazing.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

HateTheInternet posted:

I've been slowly going through Farscape, only on episode 9. Pretty entertaining so far, but that low rumble you hear every 5-10 seconds during the scenes on the ship is incredibly distracting. Has anyone else noticed this?

You are watching my favourite show in the world and the low rumble show is only in season 1. It never really bothered me, remember this is an Australian show and the budget for the first season was pretty low but as the cast gets it's sea legs the show becomes amazing.

The character development in shows like this is what makes them amazing, it's like how Spartacus would be a pretty god awful show if not for the attachment it makes you develop for the characters in it. Stick to it Farscape rocks!

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

Cactus posted:

Farscape, BSG, V, Firefly.

One of the above is a joke :v:

Yeah season 3 and 4 sucked but BSG wasn't that bad.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

Aceofblue posted:

The boyfriend and I just finished our 3-ish month spree of BSG, and oh god, oh god. Why is it over. :gonk: gently caress the haters, I loved it until the end.
Farscape

Farscape is a good option season 1 is a little slow but it gets pretty awesome near the end of the season.

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

Superrodan posted:

A friend just introduced me to the BBC's Sherlock and it is fantastic. I'm upset there are only three so far but I hear more are on the way.

Was there a thread about it? Or was that lumped in with the BBC thread?

If anyone here hasn't seen it, it is Sherlock Holmes set in modern times, all three stories are on Netflix, and the first episode was fantastic. I got the impression (major spoilers for the first episode) The pills were medicine for whatever condition the guy had, and they would kill anyone that didn't have his condition but that was never expressly stated so I don't know if we'll ever find out.

From memory (i watched a while ago)The pills were going to kill both of them, the guy had cancer or something and wanted to leave money to his children

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

tomm posted:

Just so you guys know, Robert Sheehan (Nathan) won't be returning for the third series. So the show is going to suck.

Misfits is alright though, as far as British TV goes.

Oh come off it, yeah it sucks but the show is good because of strong writing and plot.

Give it a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

On season 5 of Newsradio. It lost a lot of what made it great with Phil dying but everyone other then Andy Dick is still funny.

I stopped watching during the first episode of Season 5. The first episode was kind of a tribute to Phil but they were making jokes about the characters in show death and the cast of the show was simply not up to joking about it. For those who don't know Phil was murdered in his sleep by his wife after an argument about her cocaine use which was made worse by claims that Andy Dick had introduced Phil's wife to cocaine.

Then in the episode Andy Dick's character believed that Phil/Bill wasn't dead but was pretending to be dead instead. The whole thing was pretty out of taste so I stopped watching which is a shame as the first few seasons were amazing. Do they stop talking about Phil's death as the season goes on?