Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

I just finished The Shield (until the last season starts) and it turned out to be pretty much everything I expect out of quality television. It shows why Glenn Close and Forrest Whittaker are such amazing actors and, to date, has my favorite directing and camera work. Nothing I've seen in television beats that part of Season 1 where Vic and a Latino detective who works with Los Mags find out about the hostage situation. They just drop everything and sprint out of the Barn, the camera guy a few steps behind them, everything silent except for the sound of boots hitting the floor. Brilliant. I was expecting the show to start ratcheting down during Season 4, but then on comes Glenn Close and the pace is kept up all the way until the end. It's just such a shame that Alex O'Loughlin left the show for that shitfest Moonlight.

Right now I'm a few episodes into the second season of The Wire. Holy poo poo is this an amazing show. Outstanding writing, outstanding acting, outstanding directing. The DVD doesn't have much else besides commentary, but I love how the director's commentary boils down to "The list of regular television conventions we told to go gently caress off." And according to the Las Vegas Sun, Hope is a man named Omar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

I'm on Season 3 of The Wire and only slightly wishing it was as cohesive as Season 2. I guess that's kinda the point of the season arc, though.

I was planning on starting Always Sunny over again in late August so my friends could be brought into the loop when season 3 hits, but the Dayman commercial is making me have withdrawals.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

I'm seriously considering getting the six season box set of Hogan's Heroes. I can in no way afford it, but drat if it isn't my favorite retro TV show.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

Nthman posted:

Here you go my friend. Looks like all of the original cast except for Manny Patinkin.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079444/

Edit: Oh... ohhhh, maybe ths is the movie. I was reading the IMDB wrong and now im sad again.
Mandy Patinkin leaves Criminal Minds and doesn't even do so to go back to Dead Like Me? Seriously, what the hell.

And yes, his first name is Mandy, not Manny.