Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

If you're binging, I highly recommend 30 Rock. It's fantastic and it needs more viewers LIKE YOU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

krushgroove posted:

So whoever told me to carry on with Farscape: thanks. Really enjoying it, and even though I don't watch it with 100% attention (I'm often doing hobby stuff while I'm watching the show) it's easy enough to keep up with. Just finished the cartoon episode, which I completely don't understand because of the timing of the episode (is it another alternate reality or in Crichton's head, or what?). If anyone cares to explain it, it happens just after the escape from the Scarans at the start of season 3 and before Aeryn trying to contact dead Crichton.

John is knocked into a coma and nearly dies by D'Argo, and Harvey tries to save his life by giving him a reason to live - the same reason Scorpius has to live, revenge. John's brain imagines it as a cartoon. It's pretty silly and not a very successful gimmick, but the main point of the episode was a morality play of sorts: To show how powerful Scorpius's need for revenge is, and to show that John isn't the kind of person to play that game.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

nerdman42 posted:

Otherwise, I've also been casually binging a few other shows on-and-off. Mostly Star Trek: Next Generation (which I've never really watched before) and Deadwood. I haven't quite enjoyed them as much as Farscape, but for different reasons. Next Gen doesn't quite have enough serialized stories for me to get too invested, which I should probably stop hoping for in something like, well, Star Trek. Deadwood I adore but need subtitles to watch it, what with everyone talking quickly with accents. Which HBO Go does not provide. I'll probably have to grab a DVD from Netflix to get back into it.

Next Gen doesn't really get good until Season 3, but then it quickly establishes itself. It doesn't have a lot of serialization, true, but there are plot/character threads that weave through the seasons. It's nothing like DS9, though.

I wouldn't recommend Voyager - it's basically TNG without any nuance or attempt to make sense. All sizzle, no steak. Enterprise - it gets poo poo on a lot, and yes, the theme song is horrible, but it's really not that bad, has a lot of serialized elements, and even gets pretty drat good by season 4. The last episode will leave a bad taste in your mouth, though.

Farscape is a a better show then all of them.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

The only unsatisfying endings for me was Nosedive and the VR gaming one. Nosedive would have been more effective if it was a 15 minute short film.

Nosedive was an episode of Community called "App Development and Condiments" and it was fantastic.