Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Trig Discipline posted:

Oooooooh in that context it makes a lot more sense.

Which episode is that? I'm pretty sure that I'm at a similar point in the series but I don't remember that stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

Finished season 4 of The Magicians last night. Oof.

Just watched myself and yeah, I can see why this pissed folks off.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

I don't know how a show as bad as Another Life got a second season, but man at least Katee Sackhoff has Bo-Katan to fall back on.

I'm halfway into the first episode and already they've decanted 1 expert from cyro and killed 3 characters.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

ilmucche posted:

The second season was wild. I really enjoyed what a disaster the show is

Okay, so I just got to the part where the director of Homeland Security voluntarily accepts a mind control implant, and is still walking around doing his job with a gun strapped to his hip. This poo poo is so mind-mindbogglingly stupid it has to be on purpose, right? They're purposely writing such dumb characters to drive engagement, right?

There's scenes where they clearly respond to a lot of the criticism aimed at the first season and make changes, only to make the exact same storytelling mistakes elsewhere. It's uncanny.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

I'm probably in the minority, but I've already read all the WoT books. These stories are nothing new to me, so I'm watching the show for cool cgi magic and swordfights. :shrug:

Given that my country's capital is infested with truckers who refuse the vaccine, I guess it makes sense that at least one up and coming actor would torpedo his career over it.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 2, 2022