Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Trig Discipline posted:

In The Flesh is pretty great, as is The Returned. It's kind of amazing that there's still novelty to be found in zombies, but both of those shows are doing interesting things with it.

Except in the second season it doubled down on the zombie mythology poo poo and no one cared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Yeah, the episode where Frank chills out at college is the best episode of the show.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I thought Friday Night Lights did a better job with its flawed but relatable characters than Six Feet Under. I want to spend more time with those characters, but I'm kind of glad Six Feet Under ended when it did.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

To be fair on How I Met Your Mother and your relatives if it had continued with the quality of the first two seasons it would've been a serious contender for that crown.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Six Feet Under's ending is very good, yeah, but everything except the first season is middling too poo poo. It baffles me that it's still highly regarded these days when over half of its run is pretty dire.

All those problems he has after one season? It doubles down on them.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I don't get it. What's so good about this scene? Is it just that out of context it looses a lot of impact or?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

nerdman42 posted:

So yeah. Loved it a lot, maybe I'll check out season 2, even though there's no mystery left.

There's an even bigger mystery in Season Two - What's the point?

Honestly, you should avoid Season Two at all cost. It's poo poo in such a monumental way.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I mean, Walt's not LOOKING to make mistakes, but he is just so bad at being a criminal.

I'd argue Walt is actually pretty good at being a criminal, he's just really poo poo with people. All he's downfalls come from an inability to manage he's relationships with the people around him, not necessarily a slip up in operations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

precision posted:

I'm pretty sure almost nobody saw it coming and anyone who claims they did is trying to rewrite history.

It's the best twist in recent TV memory for me and I 100% did not see it coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

I dunno how media didn’t pick up on this but Tony Hale posted a pic from the AD season 5 wrap party on Instagram about a month ago. So that poo poo’s happening.

I think most people lost interest when it came out that the majority of the season is a flash back story with new actors as the younger Bluth family.