Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
For some odd reason I went through Jeeves and Wooster in the last two weeks and it makes me want to read Wodehouse novels. But then it all gets counterbalanced by The Wire, so I don't know what my motivation of late has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So I just finished burning through the first season of Hannibal and enjoyed it quite a bit, but I was reading the American Gods thread that maybe the other two seasons aren't as good (or maybe just season 3 wasn't as good). Any opinions on whether or not it's worth going through the other two seasons or not?

VVVV
Good to hear; I was worried it was going to take a sharp downward plunge like Dexter or something.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 15, 2017

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I would say the first season of Hannibal is generally considered the worst? It's the most procedural-y and least weird for sure. Seasons 2 and 3 are both excellent imo. Some don't like the first half of 3 but that's my personal favourite section of the entire show.
I didn't mind the procedure crime drama stuff and it was a nice mixture with the other bizarre poo poo going on and the random comedians showing up (Scott Thompson, what are you doing in a drama?!). But it's good to hear that it doesn't really get lovely.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Finally got around to watching the first season of Fargo and while I enjoyed it, what with the dark humor and character development....some plot threads just kinda died or went nowhere and the ending was just a bit of a wet fart. Did most people enjoy the ending when it first came out?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Norse Code posted:

Ray loving Purchase!
'Bon Jo-vi, Madame Ga-ga, and The Coldplay' is such an amazingly delivered line or pretty much any time he fucks with Ray Purchase or Ray's wife; it's a solid show.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah I'd never heard of it but I'm all about some Matt Berry. Watching it now!
I would also say that Snuff Box might be worth a watch if you enjoy Matt Berry but it's also dependent if you can stand Rich Fulcher, cause his schtick can not be for everyone.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

So I just finished up Vice Principals and quite enjoyed it, but I was wondering if Eastbound and Down has a similar feel to it. I kinda stayed away from it cause pretty much every scene I saw had Danny McBride just being an insufferable rear end in a top hat to everyone and while his character in Vice Principals is an rear end, he's at least growing as a character and tries to not be a massive poo poo all the time. So how does Eastbound compare?

Also Dark was a super enjoyable watch, beautifully shot, and I do look forward to a second season to see where else it goes.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

I might give a season a try to see how it is; I mostly just worried that it was going to be Kenny Powers being a washed up dick and awkward situations.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

If you’re worried about that, unless you’re watching re-runs of shows you did like, watch something else.
It mostly came to mind cause I did quite enjoy Vice Principals and was wondering if it'd be worth giving a shot. I mean there's always other random stuff to watch, like I heard mixed things about Stan Against Evil and I figured that might tide me over till season 3 of Ash vs. Evil Dead (though I don't mean to turn this thread into a general opinion or feedback on any given tv show).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Luther was a pretty good comedy; I remember in series 1 where he just goes ape-poo poo and rips apart an office in the police station and people were just cool with it cause he was a detective genius. Or when he was stalking his ex-wife and people let it slide cause he was a good cop who would go crazy everywhere and solve some crimes or let murderers go free.