Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Mu Zeta posted:

Oh, you get to watch Two Cathedrals for the first time, one of the best hours of television ever made. I hate you.

One of the few episodes of television to make me shed a (MANLY!) tear.

gently caress. You guys are making want to go through BSG/West Wing all over again :negative:

Anyway, my X-Files marathon has been a wild ride. I'm almost done with season 9 right now, and I have to say I've enjoyed the show way more than I thought I would.

The first 6 seasons may be some of my favorite ever. Season 7 was pretty good too even if the mythology episodes got way too wild.

Seasons 8&9 have been okay too. I really like Reyes and Doggett, but to me Mulder IS the X-Files. It's a shame that it had to end like this because of a contract dispute. Why David? You had such a good thing going :qq:

Anyway, despite feeling more like an X-Files spinoff than anything, the season 8&9 monster of the week episodes are still as awesome as the earlier ones. Now I'm just curious to see how they'll wrap up the main arc (I'm assuming the answer is "badly").

fake edit: Oh yeah, that movie that did after season 5? That sure was... well it sure was a movie :stare:

Is the one they made a few years ago worth watching? I hear it's more of a standalone thing and doesn't touch on the main mythology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Greyish Orange posted:

I'm speeding through the first series of American Horror Story. I'm not usually a fan of horror but I am loving this to bits - somebody please tell me the second series is as good, I'm worried that the change in storyline will ruin it :ohdear:

The second season is even better.