Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people.
I signed up for Netflix and checked out Brotherhood through the online streaming. Enjoying it so far, just finished season 2. I'd have to agree with someone's earlier sentiments. I was a bit disinterested during the first half of season 1, but am glad I stuck it out. Really enjoyed the last half, as well as season 2. Should be getting the season 3 discs tomorrow.

So, I'm trying to decide what to start on next. I noticed Netflix had all five seasons of Lost for online viewing. I haven't looked into the series much, but noticed the last season is coming up in February. What's the general consensus on the series? May try to binge on it to catch up before the sixth season starts.

Love this thread by the way. Caught quite a few series that had slipped under my radar. Greatly enjoyed them, and looking forward to checking out the rest of the recommendations I still have on my list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

I decided to binge through Lost starting back in mid-December in hopes of catching up for the final season. I just finished season three, and the last scene in the finale just left me :confused:. Loving it though.

Looks like seasons 4 and 5 are alot shorter than the first three. I think I'll be caught up by the time season 6 rolls around. :)

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Just finished up the first season of Friday Night Lights after seeing it recommended in this thread multiple times. I had been putting it off, binging through The Office and 30 Rock instead. It just didn't seem like the kind of show I would like, but drat was I wrong. I flew through season 1 in less than a week. I can't place why I like it so much, but I'm really enjoying it so far. Are the next two seasons as good as the first? I think I remember someone mentioning that one of the seasons was duller/not as good as the previous.

As for The Office, I absolutely loved it and was sad when I caught up and there were no more episodes left. I think my favorite character interactions were between Jim and Dwight. I haven't seen the British version, is it worth a viewing even after completing the American version?

I didn't find 30 Rock as humorous as I thought I would. I caught up to season 4, and it has some great moments, but a few of the episodes left me a bit wanting. I still enjoyed it though, and will probably go back to view season 4 next.

Noxville posted:

Yeah, season five was kind of meh until the last 5 minutes of the finale pulled everything together and made it great in retrospect.

e: Oh yeah and Johnny B. Goode, if you actually manage to get caught up before this week's episode you should take time to read through last week's thread and get a good feel of just how crazy Lost threads are.

I recently caught up on Lost in time for Season 6 to start. I don't know how anyone can watch the show and keep up with the thread at the same time. I was able to catch the first few episodes of Season 6 live, and tried to keep up with the thread at the same time, no drat way. The last two episodes I had to catch after they aired, and those thread are just way too drat daunting, so I usually just end up skimming through the last few pages.

Vizrt fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 22, 2010

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Just watched the first episode of Season 2. I may have considered skipping it, but after the scene near the end with Tyra and Landry, I'm not sure I could without finding out what happens with that plot line.

Oh, and I was a bit on the fence about whether I disliked Lila's character in the first season, but the first episode in season 2 pushed me on to one side of it. I find her annoying.

Vizrt fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 22, 2010

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Just finished season 3 of Friday Night Lights today. Unfortunately Netflix doesn't have season 4 yet, so it looks like I'm going to have to find it elsewhere. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything in season 3 I didn't like. Landry is my favorite character by far. My least favorite, Lila during season 2, I actually didn't mind at all during season 3. Really hoping I don't have to wait for the DVDs/Netflix for season 4. I honestly can't get enough of this show. I sit down to watch one or two episodes, and before I know it I'm through five or six.

Trying to decide what to binge through next. I have a whole list compiled out of suggestions from this thread. Seems like too many good shows to pick from, and too little time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizrt
Oct 1, 2009

Just finished Season 4 of OZ.

gently caress that dream sequence.