Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I haven't been watching anything for the longest time but intrigued by a fellow goon's avatar I watched Luther and was blown away. The number of episodes confuses me as hell, although I prefer weird episode count to storyline shoehorned into the standard 13 or 26 episode format.

Started watching Sherlock from there as per recommendation and while the first episode was amazing, the second was crap. Predictable and uninteresting plotline. I can't wrap my head around how someone who can pull of something like the first episode can immediately produce crap like the second one. Oh, well, hope it gets back on track.

After that I am eyeballing Wallander as it seems these 3 shows are quite similar to each other and it is thus only natural I watch them "together" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I think I'm going to love it, then! And sorry for being dumb, but what do you mean it's not serialized?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Count Choculitis posted:

Don't worry - I agree that the second one is horrible, especially compared to the rest. They are much better after that. The season finales especially made me pick my jaw up off the floor. Absolutely mindblowing.

You weren't kidding. The first episode of the second season was loving amazing. I still don't know what the hell happened in the second season finale, though :confused:

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I only ever heard of it from my girl friends so I sent it off automatically to the Twilight bin. So it's actually, genuinely good? How does it compare to True Blood (only vampire thing I watched, although only 2 or 3 seasons I think, before it started getting a bit ridiculous for my taste).

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Just finised a long session of Lilyhammer, that was pretty good! Is there more along the same lines?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I don't know if there's a more appropriate thread but I'm interested in good (great would be preferable, since I'm not intending to consume a big amount of them) Spanish TV shows. Honestly, they don't even have to be Spanish as long as they're featuring an original Spanish dub (no Spanish-dubbed US or British shows).

I could Google around but I was hoping I will get some neat tips because I am terrified of someone recommending me what amounts to Ugly Betty-kind-of-soap-opera.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

kylejack posted:

When I was learning Spanish, we watched a show called Destinos. It's a telenovela soap opera/mystery kind of thing made specifically for learning Spanish, but there was something intangible about it that made it really enjoyable.

Mis hijos. Si si, mis hijos.

Thanks, I'll check it out! Mystery is always good in my book.

If anyone else has tips on Spanish TV shows, please keep 'em coming!

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Yeah, because my friend and I absolutely loved Heroes back then :smith: I was a bit jaded about the whole genre after that and never got to watch any other hero shows, super or otherwise. Even today, when I think about some of the insane poo poo they pulled off it makes my head hurts.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
The first season was OK but then it got real weird real fast. Some folks have been suggesting Vampire Diaries, so that might be an option?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

Mu Zeta posted:

I think Fringe had a good finale. Some nice callbacks to previous seasons and the story gets wrapped up. The last season is also only 13 episodes so it's not as big a time sink as the previous ones.

It seems like it is the case but just to confirm, did it end? An actual end, that is. I was putting of watching the last few seasons till it all concludes.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Since I came down with the flu on Friday I was looking for something to watch and went through both seasons of Alphas in two days and only found out about the station dropping the show after watching the last episode. I never learn :( (The same happened with Lie to Me and I was so sad because I loved the show.) That said, did the authors at least comment or give hints about any planned future development that would give the show a kind of a closure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
I found Lie to Me to be a pretty good crime show, though I never see it mention here.