Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I got the first 4 seasons of 24 on DVD for christmas and just bought seasons 5-8 using my amazon giftcard on their boxing day sales.
My wife's never seen the show before and she's already hooked 5 episodes in. I'm excited to see her reactions to some of the :tviv: moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Kims story has literally no bearing on anything in Season 2. You can skip it all and miss nothing important. She does have one good scene when she says goodbye to Jack just before the bomb goes off though.

I just finished a 24 rewatch, I still really enjoyed most of it, despite the occasional dumb subplot and predictable writing. Charles Logan was such a great character.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Twee as gently caress posted:

For me it's the opposite, I can't understand how people just didn't love Season 5. To me it was the best 24 ever was, and Season 7 and Season 8 were incredible. I mean, we got Jack as loving Jason Vorheese

and the ax to the chest gif

How could anyone not love those is what confounds me.

My favourite bit of that scene was Charles Logan totally making GBS threads his pants. Gregory Itzin really knocked it out of the park.

http://vimeo.com/12161573

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Jack's Flow posted:

See, this makes me want to watch more 24. Why couldn't Kim just die early on? Bummer.

edit: Oh, that's no spoiler. I haven't watched any episode after S02E05, so I really have no idea what happens to Kim. Let's hope she dies!

For what it's worth, Kim is significantly less annoying in Season 3 and after that she's only a guest star and appears in maybe 10 episodes in seasons 4-8. Just FF through her season 2 bullshit.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

klaphark posted:

I stopped watching season 4 of 24 I think 6 episodes in. I could ignore most of the political stuff in 24 but the secretary of defense letting his son be tortured made me roll my eyes out of my sockets (also 'IS THIS WHAT YOUR RELIGION TEACHES YOU'). I watched the last episode of 4 and the first 2 of season 5 and I'm enjoying it a lot more already.

Season 4 wasn't great, but season 5 is one of my favourite TV shows ever.

Heads up though, only watch the first 4 episodes of season 6 and then skip straight to Redemption/season 7, making up whatever story you like to cover the gap.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

Malcolm In The Middle for what has to be the fifth time.

It has to be the most underrated comedy show ever. Every single episode is pure, utter gold. If you haven't watched it yet, do so immediately.

It's still not available on DVD is it? Wasn't there some music clearance bullshit that stopped them being released? I can't see it on Netflix canada either. :(

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I've just started watching The X Files on Netflix, I've seen episodes here and there back when it was on live but I never sat down and watched week to week. I'm enjoying it already, although some of the 90's as poo poo tech/fashions is very funny.

Where should the films be watched and are they essential to following whats going on? I've heard sometimes it gets pretty arc driven and you need to pay attention.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

whatshesaid posted:

Man, I wish I'd saved all of Breaking Bad for now. I'm on winter vacation and I've run out of stuff to binge. Things I like: American Horror Story, Nip/Tuck, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under, Hannibal--as far as darker shows go, and I really like those kind. Any suggestions? I tried Supernatural but couldn't get into it at all.

Hannibal season 1 was pretty excellent for being a cable tv show. I was disappointed to learn that only a season 1 has been shot so far. Anyone know anything about Bates Motel?

I thought Bates Motel was pretty awesome, Norma and Norman were both excellent and they really nailed the creepy relationship between them. Season 2 starts in March apparently.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

I was way too young to watch the X-Files and the theme song still gives me the goosebumps. Now that I'm an adult, is it worth watching the whole series through? Or is it one of those things where you had to be 20 in the 90s to really enjoy?

I'm enjoying my first watch through so far, just occasionally laughing at the 90's as hell fashions and computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I just finished watching House of Cards. I really enjoyed it, the Underwoods were brilliantly ruthless. The first episode of Season 2 surprised the hell out of me when Frank killed Zoe.

Also, Cashew needs a spinoff. :3: The scene with her under the dudes boot was stressful as hell :ohdear:. New season in Feb, I'm excited for it.