Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

Kekekela posted:

After seeing the Jericho love in this thread, I was going to add it to my Netflix queue and realized I had given it a 2 star rating. I vaguely remember watching the first couple of episodes and not being very impressed, does it hit its stride later or is this a case where if you don't like the first couple of episodes you're probably just not going to enjoy the series?

They had a lot of network interference in the first few episodes. It does eventually get a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

Mitthrawnuruodo posted:

Ah, I think I got it - the thread title, metaphor that represents a lack of payoff. I think I assumed that was a quote from the show that was put in to bitch about cancellation. Welp.

Or it could have been one of the previous thread titles:

"Community: Canceled, 3 ep burn off Nov. 4 (P&R back Dec 9th)"

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

moregontrail posted:

The real reason for my post though is I also started watching Cheers and want to watch the entire series over the summer with an episode or two each night before I go to bed. Did this last year with That 70's show, and the Cosby Show the year before that.

I quickly glanced at its wikipedia page just to get the number of seasons it had and noticed that a lot of people leave and other come in throughout the 11 seasons. What are considered the Cheers glory years and does it get extremely unfunny like "That 70's Show" did. I'm only two episodes into season 1 so it's still finding it's footing but want to know when I'll hit it's prime.

I watched the entire series for the first time last year. Some seasons are better than others, and there are a few bad episodes here and there, but on the whole it's pretty consistent in quality throughout.

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

Throatwarbler posted:

Based on reading TVIV threads, I broadly enjoy almost everything that VM proponents like, so I'm surprised that I don't like VM so far. Should I keep slogging to the end of season 1?

Watch until An Echolls Family Christmas. If you're not enjoying it by then, it's probably not for you.

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

I have The Killing on my DVR, but I accidentally overheard something about the ending. Is it still worth watching?

You may as well throw out your DVR now, it's been tainted.

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

There's a point during the season 2 finale, I think about 10-15 minutes before the end, where pretty much everything is wrapped up, and the show should have ended. Instead, they threw in a stupid plot twist and dragged it out for another two seasons. Season two may not be great, but if you want to stop before it gets really bad and still get closure, that's where you should finish.

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

Bill Door posted:

I just bought the box set of Charlie Jade based on the description on the back of the box but after getting home it looks like they were planning a second season that never happened. Can anyone tell me if this is this going to be yet another show that I like that ends with a massive cliffhanger that will never be resolved before I start?

They set things up for season 2, but the main story for season 1 is wrapped up.

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

I'm Australian too, by the way - so new seasons/shows arrive way later on DVD

Amazon ships to Australia, and it usually ends up a lot cheaper than buying locally. Just make sure your DVD player is region-free (most DVD players sold in Australia are).

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

pr0p posted:

A bout of insomnia led to me shotgunning all six episodes of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret. Not a huge run but apparently the second (and what should logically be the last?) series starts early next year.

Apparently there are plans for three seasons. As for what would happen in a third season, I have no idea, since presumably the end of season two would bring us up to the courtroom.

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

calandryll posted:

I just finished it today. drat it, it was so good! I was wondering if they knew it would be cancelled and so tried to tied up everything.

They didn't; they finished shooting a few months before the first episode aired.

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

Bown posted:

Season 1 suffered from the writer's strike - it was originally meant to be 9 episodes, I believe, and presumably not end in such an odd way. Also, while it's still great, the first season is definitely the weakest. It gets stronger every season, imo.

It's a good thing it was cut short too, since they originally planned to end the season by killing off Jesse (spoiler tagged since it reveals that something doesn't happen).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berkeloid
Apr 30, 2010

Niwrad posted:

Fringe is one of those shows that once you get past the first season, it really kicks into gear.

People keep saying this, but I don't know... I'm watching it for the first time right now, and season three was a real slog to get through.