Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls
Been debating whether to start watching The Wire (I've only ever seen the pilot somehow) as it's always raved about and such. Not quite sure how I've waited this long, but I'm just not sure if it'll do it for me.

Finished catching up with Lie To Me recently which is a great show. Watched through 5 seasons of The Office numerous times over the past few months also, can't get enough of that. Season 6 isn't so strong though.

Oh and Leverage. Caught up with Leverage, looking forward to Season 3 which is soon-ish, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls

Vanderdeath posted:

So, I finished Parks and Recreation and I think it might just be the funniest thing on NBC right now. Yes, I love the hell out of Community, but Parks and Rec seems to have a heart to it that Community or 30 Rock doesn't. At the end of the day, all of the characters in Parks and Rec seem to genuinely care about or care for one another. There's something about that and the lack of cynicism in the show that makes it stand out and I'm super-stoked about the next season.

That being said, I love cynicism and black humor, but it's refreshing to see a show that doesn't rely on that.

Agreed. I'm a huge fan of The Office but with the way it's heading now, I'm pretty certain that Parks and Rec is going to come out on top next season. Really looking forward to it.

I've just finished watching Party Down which I really enjoyed. It made me want to appreciate other undeservedly cancelled shows, so I started rewatching Arrested Development. After I get through these again (won't take me very long), I'll probably start watching Luther as I've heard good things about that. And then maybe Breaking Bad. Man, there's so much good poo poo I need to watch.

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls
Just so you guys know, Robert Sheehan (Nathan) won't be returning for the third series. So the show is going to suck.

Misfits is alright though, as far as British TV goes.

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls

bobkatt013 posted:

There is also the comment how he thinks that other countries tv is better then Englands.

Hey, I'm from England myself and I just believe television over here hasn't been great for a while. We do have some gems to be fair, such as Luther, The Office, Doctor Who and such but most of the shows I find myself enjoying aren't British. It's not a dig at the country or anything.

As for Misfits, Robert Sheehan is pretty much the only character I enjoy watching.