Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
I made it through season 2 of Altered Carbon and I actually really enjoyed it. It wasn't the best thing ever, but I thought it was mostly really good, save for a few weaker points. It was definitely a little less tight than the first season, but I understand it diverged much more heavily for the novels than the first season did.

Plus I like a story that has a main theme of all rich people, without fail, being literal monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

Madurai posted:

How have I become involved in Indian Matchmaking? What is happening to me?

Also, Akshay's mom is, like, A LOT

That show was certainly something. My main takeaway was mostly that the matchmaker was rubbish at her job. She kept even saying things that I think she intended to make her sound good but just made me think she was admitting to being trash.

Also it looked like she just used a basic keyword matching algorithm. Then when that failed she would show some dude a tiny digital cell phone photo so he could do the laziest cold reads ever. Like, if you want me to accept that this dude has a skill that lets him read futures/whatever in faces, shouldn't he need to see the actual person? Or at least like a large HD glossy photo?

At least the astrologer guy had the pretense of a complicated mathematical system. I mean, it's still rubbish, but at least there was effort.