Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Southland. Binge watched Season 3 on DVR when TNT ran the reruns late night, still have to see episodes 2 and 3, but I think they're on TNT's site. So awesome.

The previous seasons' DVDs are drat near impossible to find, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Netflix got smart and added at least one show I want to binge watch after giving a shot this season, Archer. (I guess it's a new release? We've only had it about a month.)

Two episodes down, with the balance of Seasons 1 and 2 to go. So far, between those episodes and the chunk of Season 3 I saw, it's a series that is on the border of interest and disinterest, but I'm looking forward to seeing where the seasons go.

Now if only they'd add Southland's first couple seasons...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Archer's teaching me something about myself in terms of TV watching. Archer is an insufferable prick, but, possibly due to the people around him or his stupidity that may negate his abrasive personality, he's somewhat likeable. Virtually everyone on Allen Gregory was an insufferable prick, yet there was nothing enjoyable about them other than rageposting in the AG thread on TV IV.

Chamberk posted:

We started Scrubs, a show I have a distinct fondness for. However, I totally have to admit... it's pretty crappy circa seasons 5-6. There are a few gems in there, but the humor is way too zany and lots of jokes are at the expense of character continuity. (Laverne has always been the Christian disapproving of premarital sex, and then we get a throwaway line that tells us she and Kelso once had a hot affair? Kelso's gay son has a fiancee named Brad in one episode, and the next he has a lifepartner named Eduardo?) I hear the show improves in season 8 (and then is terrible for season 9) so I guess I'll just keep going...

I watched reruns of Scrubs for about 6 months just after Comedy Central started showing them in syndication. It was fun for a while, but I got too annoyed with it, primarily virtually anything Carla did and the Family Guy-style side jokes/daydreams.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Top Gear (UK). I'm tackling the shows with the challenges/adventures first because that's what I'm most interested in.

I love this show.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

triplexpac posted:

Is there a list or something of the "best" episodes to watch? There are so many and I'll never get through them all, but I do enjoy the show.

As others have said, you can't go wrong with the Specials, the Vietnam and Florida ones being memorable. Some of the Clarkson vs. May/Hammond challenges are good, the best of which being the London-Oslo challenge where James and Richard take the ferry while Jeremy has to drive.

The Reliant Robin Space Shuttle, Build a Train, Airport Vehicle Race, and the two Amphibious Vehicle challenges are great as well.

If you're a fan of racing, the Britcar 24-hour race one is good showing the three hosts and The Stig making up a four-driver team.

e- Add the Campervan challenge.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 29, 2012

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I tried Brockmire and it sucked.

I tried Get Shorty and am going to have to watch 5 1/2 more episodes between now and Sunday in case EPIX takes the episodes off the on-demand channel on Spectrum (unless they keep them on there past the "Expires" date, which I'd assume they would), but I'm fine with that because it's great. Delta had Get Shorty as part of their in-seat video offering and I tried it on a whim. Ray Romano's character is a delightful tire fire of a human being and April (Megan Stevenson) is underrated in what she does.

e- My one complaint is a pet peeve of mine in watching TV: I hate it when a series which is a reboot/reimagining uses a lazy method to either call back to the original or tie in an original element of the first series.

When I watched Hawaii Five-0 before it turned into a product placement-laden pile of crap, Danny's daughter referred to him as "Danno", referring back to "Book 'em, Danno" from the original 1960s series. In Get Shorty, Miles refers to his daughter as "Shorty". It's like they're saying "Uh, this is kinda related to the book and the movie, but...I don't know...use "Shorty" as a nickname for the kid and call it even."

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 4, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Wire. Found S1 at Walmart for Christmas, :tviv:, kicked myself for not buying 1 and 2 together a while ago, lucked into finding the box set and am good to go for the rest of the series. Currently on S2 E5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

sassassin posted:

I tried watching season 8 of Archer on Netflix and it's all the same tired routines from the early seasons lazily repackaged. Almost offensively bad. They probably didn't even need to rerecord half of the dialogue.

Is that the 1940s-themed Dreamland or whatever it was? That was where I gave up on Archer.