Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

BoonyPC posted:

I've watched the first 3 seasons of Breaking Bad in pretty quick time...up until the Fly episode which I'm finding stupid as hell and has turned me off it big time.

I had the same reaction, keep going! I know some people absolutely loved the Fly episode, but when you are marathoning the show it just grinds the show to a big halt. Luckily every episode past that is just awesome.

I just marathoned through 2 Broke Girls and Bent, both very mediocore comedies that should not really be watched by anyone. Oh well, they were better than Alcatraz. Got Bored to Death season 2 & 3 next up on the plate, I like the actors (esp Zach and Ted Danson) but I found season 1 overly pretentious, like this is the show you would marathon for a staunchly conservative Republican relative if you want their head to explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Currently watching Downton Abbey (season 1 bluray) with family, great show so far. Was a bit hesitant to watch it since I figured it was BBC/PBS "high drama", but I was very wrong. Kids have gotten pretty bored and wander off, but wife and myself have enjoyed it. Having watched The Tudors, Borgias, and Game of Thrones its interesting to see another slice of life from a different period (1912-) plays out for "the aristocracy". In many ways its pretty amazing how life is so similar to our day to day lives today. Its also amazing how... white... everyone is on the show, and its difficult to comprehend how much it mattered who you parents were could be back then in.

spronk
Feb 5, 2011

Doctor Candiru posted:

Next up, thanks to the forums, are the following series I've never seen in the following order, unless I'm encouraged otherwise: The Walking Dead, The Wire, and eventually The Shield, The Sopranos, and BSG.

I would suggest watching in this order instead:

Wire (I'm rewatching now!)
BSG
Sopranos
Rome
Deadwood
Shield
Walking Dead (you can literally fast forward 50%+ of most episodes and not miss a thing)

not exactly ordering by quality, but instead genre so you can mix things up a bit. I also, for some weird reason, like to interleave shows - so I'm rewatching The Wire and Rome at the same time, and loving it. You may want to also add Tudors, Downton Abbey, and Borgias to your list.