Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"

Cocks Cable posted:

What's the non-spoiler skinny on Jericho? Does this turn into a good show? When does it hit its stride?

I'm a sucker for post-appocalyptic settings and the premise seemed promising. But I've only seen 3 episodes and so far it seems just okay. The plot is at least moving. I'm not a big fan of the all the cheery soft rock backgrond music. Does that ever go away?

Jericho is a strange little show. A lot of the time, the town seems to have amnesia about being in a post-apocalyptic-style situation. Some of the acting is pretty good, but Hawkins is definitely the highlight. I'd say to keep going, just because it's not that long, and it's pretty solid-ish throughout the run. Nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

pigdog posted:

Going to watch Carnivale next.

AV Club just chose Carnivale as one of their TV Club Classic series, so they'll be reviewing it every week if you want to keep up. They did the first episode last week.

That being said, I've been slowly making my way through Alias. In the beginning of the second season now, and it really feels, through and through, like a J. J. show. I'm loving everything about it so far - the characters, the tenseness of some of the missions, the mythology. I know I'm in for a serious downward spiral though, which is so disappointing.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

I binged through the first season of Game of Thrones right after I finished the first book, and it was a pretty interesting experience. My mind kept getting caught up on the changes between the two, but man, is some of the casting phenomenal. Iain Glen has actually made me like Jorah more than I liked him in the books. It's incredibly enjoyable, though, and I can see it getting somewhat difficult to follow if you haven't read the books.

I've also been watching Breaking Bad steadily, but I've had to do it in bite-size chunks instead of binges. I find myself unable to take the grimness for long stretches of time, and the intensity is just off the charts. It almost becomes unenjoyable and unbearable, which is why I like it so much.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

I've been attempting to binge BSG for the past couple of months now, but holy hell, is it hard to get through. Not because it's not quality, but more because of how intense and relentless it is. There are very few cheery things aboard Galactica. Does anyone else ever feel this way about some shows? That they're really hard to digest in large chunks?

Anyway, I'm in the middle of season 3. Enjoying it thus far.