Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Finally have been watching Oz for the first time ever. Currently on season 3 episode 4 and still loving it. Alabisi and Beecher are my two favorite characters so far.

I binged the whole series when I was unemployed several years ago. You'll like it.

I started watching The Good Wife on Hulu and can't stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Super Aggro Crag posted:

O'Reiley. I forgot him. He's such a prick I love it.

Whenever I saw him in those car insurance commercials I kept seeing O'Reiley.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

bloom posted:

Went through Tiger King in a day. That was some crazy poo poo.

It's the real-life version of the :stare: smiley.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

cryptoclastic posted:

I just finished up Fargo season 1. That was some good stuff. Trying to decide now if I want to go straight into the second season, or watch something else.

Season 2 was pretty good too.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
How good is Ozark? The wife and I want a new series to binge.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Laterite posted:

I too thought Fleabag was...fine. Funny, and worth watching, but not some amazing achievement. Another case where everyone other than the lead character is more interesting and empathetic. Even when you find out why Fleabag keeps running the store the way she does, it just didn't quite land for me. I found the sister's story much more compelling and Olivia Coleman knocks her role out of the park. Brett Gelman is fantastic at playing a despicable prick.

Fleabag started getting weird near the end of the second season when her boyfriend or whatever started calling her for breaking the fourth wall. Either have her do it or don't.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Thwomp posted:

That was the best part! It also is integral in portraying how much of a match they are for each other. The closer they get to each other, the more he notices her turning to the camera.

That's just me though.

My point is that other characters shouldn't notice or react to a character turning to the camera if that's a major storytelling device in the show. Either it means there's a camera nobody else notices or she has a sever break from reality. Either way it puts a damper on the show for me.

Just my opinion.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

mcbexx posted:

Season 2 of Ricky Gervais' "After Life" just hit Netflix the other day, a heartbreaking yet funny 3 hour binge.

Love that silly little fat man (and the rest of the characters except the shrink. gently caress that guy.).

gently caress Ricky Gervais. Be should be unfunny somewhere else.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cactus posted:

What did he do?

Nothing in particular. He just annoys the poo poo out of me.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Solice Kirsk posted:

Once you're done with that I'd suggest Santa Clarita Diet as a nice comedic Olyphant palate cleanser.

I tried that show and couldn't get past the 3rd episode for some reason, even though I love Drew Barrymore.

Now that we're caught up on our backlog of network shows, should my wife and I watch Upload or Little Fires Everywhere first? I love both Greg Daniels shows and Kerry Washington from Scandal, so please make my decision for me, internet strangers.

Also, I've been on the fence about starting Difficult People for a while. Would it be worth my time?

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 16, 2020

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Meatgrinder posted:

I started watching Dead To Me's second series, and I had to turn it off after like, 10 minutes. I was impressed with how the first series managed to avoid going full on melodrama/cringe comedy and was happy to see it stick the landing, and I realized then that if it didn't stop there it'd probably turn into a string of BUT OH NO situations the characters have to weasle their way out of for 10 episodes.

Am I right? Or is it still worth watching?

Yeah I'd like to know too, seeing as I haven't gotten around to season 2 yet. The first season was fantastic.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ive been binging Leverage . I love that dumb show.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is the second season of Dead to Me any good?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

TMMadman posted:

Been letting Superstore play in the background as my half hour sitcom and while admittedly I haven't been giving it my full attention it seems pretty bland.

It's funnier if you've ever worked retail for any length of time.

Also, High Score on Netflix is a fun docuseries about the history of video gaming.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
GLOW got cancelled because of Covid and it sucks. I understand why. But it was a good show and I feel bad for all the people involved.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

sticklefifer posted:

Weird. Season 4 was already going to be the final season and I thought they had already been filming it.

Apparently they were able to film the first episode before lockdowns and quarantine started.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Solice Kirsk posted:

Season 3 and 4 were mostly terrible, but the last two episodes tied it together pretty well. The first season is still fantastic. It was basically all downhill from there, but it started so high that my connection to the characters let me drag myself through the last couple seasons.

I couldn't disagree more. I felt TGP got better as time went on. Season 3 has some of the best episodes in the series.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm binging Working Moms. I like it. Catherine Reitman is a treasure.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

The Kingfish posted:

Just finished Ratched. More like Wretched. Charlotte must be one of the worst characters of all time.

Yeah I really wanted to like that show but couldn't get past about the fourth episode.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

TheAardvark posted:

should I try Desperate Housewives? I've never even considered the thought before lol

Give it a shot. It can be cheesy and hokey at times, but my wife and I watched every episode and we loved it. It can definitely suck you in and leave you wanting more

Just remember that at it's core it's a soap opera, but if you want something where you can zone out you can do a hell of a lot worse.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 8, 2020

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
What's something fun and mindless I can binge where I can just zone out and turn off my brain and forget the world for a while? I have Netflix, Hulu, and Prime.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

FPyat posted:

I finished season one of Fargo. The villain veered a bit too close to No Country for Old Men to feel fresh, but overall I liked it as much as the Coen's movies.

Billy Bob Thornton was amazing.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is Good Girls any good?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Accretionist posted:

Lucifer, Netflix: The 'dumb hottie' of police procedurals. Mains are an actress-turned-detective and the actual, literal Devil (lmao).

My Name Is Earl, Hulu: A ne'er-do-well discover karma, winning the lottery then immediately being hit by a car. He resolves to right every wrong he's ever committed. An '00s network comedy, so, some poorly aged humor.

I love My Name is Earl. Raising Hope was good too.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pollyanna posted:

I'm a couple episodes into The Good Place S3 and I don't really see what they're going for this season. It's frankly not very interesting. Does it ever get back to something like S1?

Really? I thought S3 was it's best season.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Watch Death to 2020 on Netflix if you haven't already.

You're welcome.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Superstore is consistently good. Tough for a network sitcom to do.....but NBC has a far better track record than all of the other basic networks put together, imo.

And apparently NBC is cancelling it after this season.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Open Source Idiom posted:

I've not enjoyed Superstore as much since it got lighter and sillier, but it's still a good show.

If you mean that they've announced that this season is to be its final one, then yeah?

And the difference is.....?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
The wife and I just finished up Schitts Creek last night, and I have that sort of sad "now what?" feeling.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Now Ted Lasso and The Good Place.

I've watched the Good Place all the way through twice. It's my all time favorite show.

We're thinking of starting Fargo S4, Queen's Gambit, or The History of Swear Words on Netflix.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 15, 2021

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Are there any good streaming documentary series similar to PBS Nova? Amazon only has about two free seasons worth and I've watched all of them. I love poo poo like that, and something about how PBS does Nova is very appealing to me.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I've decided to binge Designated Survivor on Netflix. I've loved Kiefer Sutherland since the first season of 24. All hail President Bauer.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Burden of Truth is a fun little Canadian legal show about a badass lawyer lady. It has a lot of tropes but if you like legal shows and just want to veg out for a while then check it out on Hulu.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sonderval posted:

I just finished "The Good Place" and that last episode destroyed me, I'm a wreck. Beautiful.

My all time favorite television series.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ginny and Georgia on Netflix is a good show, and the actress who plays Georgia is fantastic.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Might just recrack Leverage open.

Do it. I love that dumb show. They're currently filming the reboot series.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Aardvark! posted:

Ahh, a revival with the same cast no less. Wow that is awesome news.

Well, no Timothy Hutton. And Hardison will only be in some of the episodes due to prior commitments.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Has anyone watched One on Netflix? The wife and I are thinking about checking it out.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Red Oktober posted:

The One? If so yes, girlfriend and I are enjoying it. Pairs well with Soulmates on Prime (I suspect the pitch for one of them was used to make the other)

The one about the personals service that matches you with your perfect partner, allegedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Apparently I was the only person who liked Jupiter's Legacy.