Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I tore through the last dozen episodes of Chappelle's Show earlier this afternoon. The first season was still pretty funny, but the second was consistently comedy gold from beginning to end. The last three "lost episodes" were really jarring though. Funny still, just off putting compared to the ones that came before it. Really solid show, even if some of the pop culture references are a little bit dated in 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

CaptainHollywood posted:

While I'm unsure of what you know, that was from the cancelled third season where part way through filming Chapelle just.. left. They cobbled it up together as "lost episodes".

Oh, I know the whole bit and the story behind the episodes. It was just a jarring transition to have Rawlings and Murphy up on stage with Dave only to be found in sketches, especially without having any context or explanation in the episodes themselves (not that it's particularly hard to figure out). Not that the sketches weren't pretty good, the episodes as a whole were just sort of odd to watch.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Having watched most of the episodes occasionally the past 15 years, I formally sat down with the intent of watching Futurama from start to finish. The pre-movie seasons were drat fine and consistent to boot. Hardly a bad episode in any of them. It starts to slip starting with the Comedy Central episodes (although movies 1 and 4 were still excellent), though generally the ratio of solid-to-great episodes far outnumbers the groan-inducing ones (the one with Farnsworth joining a street gang was garbage and the reliance upon references such as Susan Boyle already don't hold up in 2014). I disagree with the fans saying Netflix needs to bring it back. Leave it dead, it had a great run and already had 2 great series endings (Meanwhile was alright, but pales in comparison to Devil's Hands and Wild Green Yonder.) My 2 cents.

pigdog posted:

Just finished season 1 of Orange is the New Black.

Firstly, I have all the feels for Chapman and her actress :3:. Not even joking, I'm in love. Hell, nearly all of the cast is great, even Jason Biggs rather surprisingly.

Secondly, what a great loving show. Wasn't completely sure what to make of it at first, the first episode was really gratuitous and mostly about embarassment humor, which I'm not a great fan of, but it got better and better, even if not necessarily more realistic. Didn't think there was a single boring minute all season.

It's a great show (I'm still halfway into season 2), but I'm of the total opposite opinion regarding Piper and her WASPy boyfriend whose name currently escapes me. They both totally annoy me, even if they are supposed to be caricatures (I guess?) of rich white New Yorkers. IMO the first episode in season 1 was awful for that reason, but the season immediately improved when literally every other prisoner was introduced.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Transmogrifier posted:

I just started Scrubs for the first time. :ohdear: I shouldn't watch the final season? Why not?

I believe he means the official 9th season. It was meant as a spinoff after the show was supposed to end, and because of executive meddling, barely any of the original cast returned after the 8th season finale, which is one of the best episodes of the series.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

pahuyuth posted:

drat I loves me some Fresh Prince. Are you watching it on a streaming service?

At one time, it was on Netflix Canada. Not sure if it still is, though

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I was bedridden with the flu this past week and I watched the entirety of Fishing with John. Frankly, I'm not sure what I spent 3 hours doing, the whole thing left me very confused. The episode with Jim Jarmusch was loving hilarious, though.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

nerdman42 posted:

Watched the entire first season of Broadchurch recently.

Really awesome show, great characters and a solid mystery. Even when I started writing down all the clues as I went along, a lot of things came back and surprised me. And against all odds, I managed to successfully guess who the culprit was. So I get to feel arrogant about that.

Quoting from the top of the last page, but I also plowed through the first season of Broadchurch. I thought it was really slow and meandering for the first half, except for a few moments of actual detective-ing. The second half, thankfully, was actually really good, and I thought the season ended on a ridiculously high note. I didn't even guess the murderer, so I guess you've got me beat there. I don't know what I'll think about the second season without another crime to solve, but I'll at least check it out when it comes to Netflix.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I've been on a Mad Men tear the past few weeks. Halfway into season 5 right now. It started out fairly slow and impossible to binge, in my opinion but it really improved by season 4. When the show is good (The Suitcase, Mystery Date), it is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Finished watching Mr. Show today. As with every sketch show, some fell flat, but others were hysterical, even twenty years later. Shampoo.