Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I saw someone talking about the BBC show called Red Dwarf and I had never heard of it before today. I've been watching it non-stop on Hulu and... My god is this a strong, witty, well paced funny show. I don't think I've been so enraptured by a show since I was 13 and had discovered South Park for the first time. (Not that the two have anything in common, but seriously this show is like cocaine.)

It's also so... Smart? I mean yeah there are some really dumb jokes, and some obvious stuff, but it tends to be subtle at how desolate the station is, and how much everyone's life there kind of sucks because there is no-one else around.

I don't know how popular show this is, but everyone should watch it.

Like... Now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was way too young to watch the X-Files and the theme song still gives me the goosebumps. Now that I'm an adult, is it worth watching the whole series through? Or is it one of those things where you had to be 20 in the 90s to really enjoy?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobkatt013 posted:

When you get to the episode Home make sure you watch it with small children.

That's the only episode I had scene because my mother was an rear end in a top hat.

I was 6.

t:mad:t

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Binging through Bojack Horseman, not what I expected, but very good.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My Binge of Archer has pretty much just stopped entirely on the last Season, I checked and yep, it's a whole dream sequence season which I definitely hate, and I'm super disappointed, because the old episode ended on either a cliff hanger, or the perfect end for the series, but either way, I want more Archer, or no Archer, not... whatever this is.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My girlfriend and I have this game we play, where we write down our predictions for the season of each show we're watching. We're allowed to update them halfway through the season, and we do it for every show we watch. It's kind of fun, but she's eerily good at stuff like this.

She had predicted a lot of the things that happened in the Good Place.

She predicted the Ending of Loss.

She's predicted everyone whose died it in TWD

She's called every major shot in GoT.

It's kind of getting ridiculous lol. I put my foot down when we watch Rick and Morty season finale live, and she reveals her note that says:

"Season Ends with Rick and the President have a huge dumb fight, The President probably has really lovely Rick Tech. The whole thing is an inversion of the first episode of the first season, down to the family being happy and Rick being miserable but staying (Instead of Rick being happy, and the family being miserable.) Nothing important happens with all of the set up, and all of the character growth makes the family better

Also Ricklantis Mixup is a fake-out. It's going to be some artsy avant garde thing that'll make the internet cream it's pants."

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Konstantin posted:

I liked most of season 1 of The Magicians, but Julia's rape was a horrible plot point. There was no reason for the writers to put that in there except as an edgy plot twist, having the god slaughter everyone else would have been enough. Please tell me that she isn't pregnant in Season 2.

Search your heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im watching steven universe and star vs the forces of evil because they are actually good.