Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Unrelated i just binged Hard Sun from the beeb.

Two cops stuck in an end of the world cover up, what do they do... their loving jobs bruv.

If this is a one and done BBC special, i'll be pissed. Great idea, good stuff, bad stuff and big opening for a killer season 2.

I just skimmed the Tvtropes page and it looks like the darkest most depressing show ever. I mean one of the protagonists was raped as a teenager and gave birth to a kid who later became a psychotic junkie who tried to stab her and set her on fire AND the world is going to end in 5 years and MI5 is hunting you to prevent the secret from getting out? I would have killed my self immediately after ANY of those things happened to me, why would anyone still be a COP after all that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Just finished The Sinner on Netflix. It was pretty awesome. Finally Jessica Biel has something to be proud of (couldn't help but occasionally recall her hilarious self-deprecating part on Bojack Horseman).

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I mean, what the gently caress else are they going to do. The male half of the duo was about to go full-on prepper until he got socked in the mouth with brass knuckles. :arghfist::black101:

It's either go nutty and say gently caress everything, or just die on the inside until nothing else matters.

:smith:

Option 2 all the way, baby! Been doing it for almost 8 years now!

mystes posted:

I started watching Hard Sun and I have to strongly disagree with everyone who has said that it's good. It's like if you took some particularly insipid BBC conspiracy show like The Last Enemy and just randomly had characters mention "oh yeah, by the way the world's going to end" every 15 minutes but the world ending part doesn't even matter and none of the characters particularly seem to care that covering up the end of the world happens to be the specific conspiracy they are busy conspiring about. I honestly think it's lazy writing, because focusing on the conspiracy allows them to completely avoid having to deal with any of the implications entirely.

All the more reason for me not to watch it.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 7, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Is it weird that the only reason I want to watch Revenents is to see how they work in that awesome Mogwai soundtrack? (That album is loving incredible)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

zeal posted:

there was nothing awful about bringing Karl Pilkington onto the world stage

:emptyquote: