Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Dave Angel posted:

Yeah, best not to google anything related to Game of Thrones ever until you're caught up.

Even googling the names of the direwolves gave me huge spoilers about other characters a couple years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
I've been binging Friday Night Lights over the past two weeks and currently a couple episodes from the end of Season 4. This show is really great. Other than season 2 being messed up by writers strike and just ending on a random episode with no conclusions I've been loving the stories.

Also pretty impressed with how well they transition out old characters due to graduation and transition in new characters throughout the series.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

radical meme posted:

Also, without slogging through this thread, can anyone give me a recommendation for or against "Bloodline" on Netflix?

It is a VERY slow burn but I found it really enjoyable with some great acting (especially worth it just for Ben Mendelsohn). Also the speed of the season picks up 300% in the last 4 episodes and is concluded very well (though kinda has a weird last second cliffhanger to lead into a second season). It's a very good, while not very great, show that I would recommend if you don't mind the slow burn.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Norse Code posted:

Well I must have only seen Season 1, because I am looking at there are 5 seasons???

Yes there are 5 and you should go watch them right now. I think I binged FNL faster than any other show and everytime I think of it I want to watch it again. Man there's something especially great about that show.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Friday Night Lights was a delight, but man, when I do a rewatch someday I think I'm going to pretend that season 2 never happened. What a train wreck :/

Season 2 wasn't thattt bad. The whole Landry thing was weird and a bad decision but there was still some good stuff in that season. I just wish it hadn't ended abruptly due to writer's strike where they had to do a lovely wrapup in the first couple minutes of Season 3 or where they just abandoned storylines completely like they never existed (like Santiago).