Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Sonderval posted:

Done Dark and Beforeigners but I'll give The Rain a try thanks!

Tribes of Europa if it hasn't been mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

sad question posted:

Started on S3 of Britannia. Still a very entertaining show. It's ostensibly a historical show about conflict between Romans and Celts but has unashamedly anachronistic dialogue and music as well as supernatural elements. Their take on druids is very cool and creepy. Some great performances as well. Mackenzie Crook is the bomb in this.

I thought it was cancelled before I read this and started binging on it, but nope so now I got one and a half seasons to catch up with. I remember really enjoying David Morrissey's character in all his mustache twirling roman glory. Few things will ever top emperor claudius getting throat hosed by a broom handle

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Carwash oval office posted:

I’m watching The Terminal List, this winter I also watched Reacher (and loved Bosch). So far I’ve avoided the other Amazon Tom Clancy shows, but the two I watched have such a weird vibe. Are they made to try and appeal to almost everyone? There seems to be enough spec ops worship to appeal to old people, but there is also a lot of anti military industrial complex also.

I’m wondering if there has been much written about where these shows came from and who they are made for? My guess is someone figured out that there is an infinite amount of these books that can be turned into a season of content each. Add in a Hollywood hunk, and you’ve got a show.

Reacher came off as half-parody to me, but I don't actually think the show was in on the joke. Probably.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Hughmoris posted:

I stopped at the fifth episode too for those very reasons. Sandman had no charisma and Patton Oswalt sounded like he was sitting in a recliner reading lines.

My favorite part of that show was them spending a whole episode on charisma vacuums tale of bro love down through the ages. Except it was completely pointless since his bro never appeared before or after that episode.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I rewatched s01/02 of Mythic Quest, which was pretty funny throughout with some of the "standalones" being close to god tier. Then I switched on season 3 and it's......not very funny at all? I'm only halfway into the second episode but I haven't laughed a single time. Guess I need a t break

edit: 2nd half got funny just had to bitch into the ether hell ya

shirunei fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 3, 2022

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

The Finn posted:

Anything that pairs well with an animated show (about being stranded in space) that has Ghibli style and Aeon Flux/Liquid TV/Heavy Metal sensibilities

The synopsis sounded cool, and then I saw it was an anime.

From such great heights....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

Escobarbarian posted:

It doesn’t even look like an anime at all??? Like the characters aren’t anime-styled as opposed to like an American anime like the (also very good) Pantheon. I’m so confused by this lol

You can tell all these people are old af like anime has been a shorthand for any "adult" animation for awhile lol